Likes Likes:  19
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New zenith, new patek

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Can't decide what I think of the new blue version of the GO panolunar or whatever it's called. I really admire the deep grey version. This seems a bit too much....

....but perhaps a deep brown or black strap would solve that?
    That picture is not very flattering. The reports I have read indicate that it is very striking in person and one reporter said that it was his favorite new release of the show. For a watch that only received a new dial color that seems like high praise. The previous gray dial remains one of my all-time favorite watches.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    That picture is not very flattering. The reports I have read indicate that it is very striking in person and one reporter said that it was his favorite new release of the show. For a watch that only received a new dial color that seems like high praise. The previous gray dial remains one of my all-time favorite watches.
    Actually I went through a few photos and that was my favorite!

Here are some more. Not sure watch show lighting is helping....

Yeah I definitely prefer grey in this instance

New zenith, new patek

Actually I went through a few photos and that was my favorite!
    There is no accounting for taste . It looks like a hard dial color to capture in photos. In the pre-Basel photos the blue was striking. I'd have to see it in person to see if looks better than the gray. I remember being a bit disappointed with the blue on the GO Seventies model when I saw it in person. (That was several years ago though, so I reserve the right to reverse that opinion the next chance I get.)
    Last edited by FuzzyB; Mar 25, 2015 at 04:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    There is no accounting for taste . It looks like a hard dial color to capture in photos. In the pre-Basel photos the blue was striking. I'd have to see it in person to see if looks better than the gray. I remember being a bit disappointed with the blue on the GO Seventies model when I saw it in person. (That was several years ago though, so I reserve the right to reverse that opinion the next chance I get.)
    Didn't they slightly change the blue on the Seventies? I really like the blue on the Sixties and Seventies. On this watch though the multiple shades in the grey get - at least in these photos - a bit overbearing for me. Perhaps I should remember that the thing is only 40mm big

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    IMO 11,8 mm is not thick for a chrono.

Sent from Maxwell Smart's shoe.
    I suspect tigerpac was referring to the new Elite dress watch, not the chrono.

Didn't they slightly change the blue on the Seventies? I really like the blue on the Sixties and Seventies. On this watch though the multiple shades in the grey get - at least in these photos - a bit overbearing for me. Perhaps I should remember that the thing is only 40mm big
    I believe they did change the blue at one point. I remember it having a slightly purplish hue which I didn't find all that attractive.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Zenith good (42mm diameter notwithstanding)

Attachment 14480

Patek bad

Attachment 14481

What else was released? (except the nomos, rolex and Tudor for which threads already exist)

Zenith: Meh.
    Patek: Blech.

At least the Zenith is the right size. I know, I know. "A dress watch should be no more than 21mm" or whatever insane standard people continue to insist on. But 42mm is right for my wrist, even for a dress watch. Still, the Zenith does nothing for me.

Blog Entries
    Can't decide what I think of the new blue version of the GO panolunar or whatever it's called. I really admire the deep grey version. This seems a bit too much....

....but perhaps a deep brown or black strap would solve that?

Hmm, I like all that wasted space on the dial.

But yeah, a brown strap would look better. Not black.