Likes Likes:  21
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seiko - the first thing form Basel this year that would get me reaching for my wallet

Seiko - the first thing form Basel this year that would get me reaching for my wallet

Titanium case, screwed on bracelet, Hi-Beat GS movement

Running at 36,000 beats per hour (bph), the calibre 8L55 movement inside is derived from the high beat Grand Seiko movements, but with less refined finishing and details. Like the high beat Grand Seiko movements this is aassmelbed by hand at the Shizukuishi Watch Studio in Morioka. The power reserve is 55 hours.

This will be available internationally in a limited edition of 700, with a retail price of €6400. That's equivalent to about US$6800.

The black gilt dial is inspired by the 1968 Seiko 300 m Hi-Beat dive watch, but the case shape and size is distinctly new. The case is monocoque, made of one piece of titanium with no case back. It's rated to 1000 m and is magnetism resistant to 16,000 A/m. And the crystal is sapphire, with an anti-fog coating.

MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

2. Likes iyonk, timekeeper liked this post
    Lovely movement; the MM design isn't for me though.

4. Likes M. Montaigne, JAGtime, bu11itt liked this post
    Wow! That's a beauty!

Thats very nice....... No someone needs to make a homage to it lol
    Check you my youtube channel - Blanchy Talks Watches

Wow that's a handsome beast!

and seiko even going with the extra mile by purposely putting the signature misalign minute marker and indices no matter what the pricetag.

8. Likes JAGtime, engr.pol liked this post
    Perfect, apart from the goofy hex screws attaching the bracelet, which make it look like a scared robot with a buzz cut.

Name:  1Seiko.jpg
Views: 294
Size:  63.2 KB
    Name:  Seiko2.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  128.5 KB
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

10. Likes MarkO, engr.pol, popoki nui, Upstate, bu11itt liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post
    Perfect, apart from the goofy hex screws attaching the bracelet, which make it look like a scared robot with a buzz cut.

Great looking watchexcept for those stupid screws!! And now I will forever think of that poor frightened robot every time I see one.

Quote Originally Posted by WWII70 View Post

😂

13. Likes stewham liked this post
    That price strikes me as high. Aren't GS's in that range?

15. Likes Domo liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tigerpac View Post
    That price strikes me as high. Aren't GS's in that range?
    I think they are basically pricing it as a GS - GS movement, special titanium case and bracelet, limited edition. Few enough that they will sell out as fast as that special MM300 from a month or so ago.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.