Likes Likes:  16
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ever dreamed of becoming an international smuggler?

I finally went to the site.
    Oh! So THAT's Maranez - seen some of those on WRUW threads.

My conclusion: that Smuggler watch is their best. And most honestly priced. I might get one.

The rest? Basically modded Seikos (NH35 = 7S26), more or less.
    Nope, not paying $500 for em. Just don't wanna.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronopolitano View Post

My conclusion: that Smuggler watch is their best. And most honestly priced. I might get one.

The rest? Basically modded Seikos (NH35 = 7S26), more or less.
    Nope, not paying $500 for em.
    Only two of their watches are above $500, the Bangla 47 (bronze, $849) and the Racha (s/s $599). Both use the Miyota 9015 not the NH35.

The Layan in particular I think is great value. Domed sapphire with AR coating, 300m WR, brass, 3 straps (NATO, leather and rubber all with brass buckles), $300. To me that seems more then competitively priced in the microbrand world.

I can see people not liking the styles but saying they are honestly priced compared to most microbrands is just not true.

I am buying a Rawai this year.
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

I did like the Rawal - in blue.
    And I did not know about the domed sapphire, w/ AR.

300? Ok, fair nuf.

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Only two of their watches are above $500, the Bangla 47 (bronze, $849) and the Racha (s/s $599). Both use the Miyota 9015 not the NH35.

The Layan in particular I think is great value. Domed sapphire with AR coating, 300m WR, brass, 3 straps (NATO, leather and rubber all with brass buckles), $300. To me that seems more then competitively priced in the microbrand world.

I can see people not liking the styles but saying they are honestly priced compared to most microbrands is just not true.

I am buying a Rawai this year.

People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842