Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Toppers Ball Watch Videos for 2015 releases

Toppers Ball Watch Videos for 2015 releases

Rob Caplan of Toppers send me these Basel World interview videos with Phillip CTO of Ball Watch:

Last edited by Samanator; Mar 20, 2015 at 04:56 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

A little background on this. Rob introduce Phillip to Eric Singer from Kiss. This set up a series of tests during concerts where Ball tested the SpringLOCK system on Eric's wrist while he drummed. They went to three or four shows together. Prior to coming to Ball Phillip worked for Rolex designing Movements. The three usually meet during Basel. Phillip hints at Eric suggesting a larger Skindiver here. Glad to see they. Kept it at 42mm not 44 since the case wears inherently large.

Here is a video during one of the SpringLOCK tests. The short version of the test the protected watch lost about 3 seconds, the unprotected lost something like 12 minutes.

Last edited by Samanator; Mar 20, 2015 at 04:56 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Great viewing.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

More videos:

First glad to get the clarification on the Aero back lit bezel. Some thing we have been looking for.

All hail the return of the GTLS Moonphase. Now we need the return of the moon glow.

On the new Skindiver the cyclops was on last years prototype that Rob talks about.

Thanks to Jeff Hess ( Ball US President) finally explaining the story behind the 1962 Skindiver.

Pretty cool case material for the Volcano. Plus with color throughout chips will not show.
    Last edited by Samanator; Mar 20, 2015 at 04:55 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Ahh...the ball Skindiver... the last watch on my list.
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

New Diver with internal bezel actuated by the external grip. Note it is now 1000m rated.

Last edited by Samanator; Mar 20, 2015 at 01:09 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    You can use the icon next to the picture uploader to paste links. Do you have any pictures? I like Ball-watches, but i don't like to click forward to external links..Sorry 4 my whining..
    Not in tapatalk which I loaded these from during the cool down from my morning run.I'll correct later. I think there is a 3 video per post limit.
    Last edited by Samanator; Mar 20, 2015 at 04:57 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

8. Likes I-B liked this post
    Here are the others:

Cheers,

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    Ahh...the ball Skindiver... the last watch on my list.
    If it is like the existing model you are missing out on one of the best under $4k divers made. Very Rolex Sub like in it's ability to fit any wrist, under 165 grams on the bracelet and fantastic lume. THis came about with Eric Singers love of the existing only requesting a bit more size. The new is 43mm.
    Cheers,

Michael