Likes Likes:  63
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally got something German on my wrist....Sinn 356 Copper + Sapphire! Unboxing....

Finally got something German on my wrist....Sinn 356 Copper + Sapphire! Unboxing....

I always admired Sinn. After "stalking" a particular model for some time, which inspired my last thread. Then last year at some point I went to the Watchbuys Roadshow in Manhattan blocks from where I live. I left work early and grabbed the wife told her we are going to a watch event. Then I truly appreciated the brand even more. Every piece was very nicely put together with incredible engineering. I knew I would have one at some point...but which one? I have many watches in the collection right now that fulfill a roll that I am completely satisfied with so it was a little difficult to find something I can say I do not have anything like it yet. Enter the 356 with copper dial. Truly unique and I lacked a chronograph in my collection for quite some time. After almost pulling the trigger on a GS Spring Drive Chronograph or an Omega Speedmaster 9300 I decided on something a little outside the box for myself, anyway. My budget was not a concern as long as it was within my budget and GS and Omega was within my budget. The price of this gorgeous piece and the bargain it presented was just a bonus and not the primary reason I decided on the 356. Here goes my unboxing experience....

This is new watch unboxing ritual. A fine bottle of wine or a great brew to start off...with my Swiss Army knife.

Very nice box.

They had the time and dates already set, nice touch!

Being a Rolex and GS owner I have high expectations on precision and quality Upon first look, date & day windows along with chronograph setting points all lined up precisely.

Very nicely decorated movement. It does not have an extreme wobble effect as I experienced in the past with other 7750s. In most cases, I can be blind folded, put a random 7750 on my wrist and guess what is it. Not this case, which I am happy about. The rotor can be heard but not distracting as I found most 7750s I worn in the past to be....

The 38.5 MM size was a slight concern I had but being mostly dial and close to zero bezel, it is quite fitting and comfortable. Even though I'm use to 40-44MM pieces. I find the proportions perfect. No more, no less. 38.5MM is perfect for this piece.

Even in an age where oversized watches are the trend, nobody would look at this piece and think its tiny.

The dial is what really attracted me to this piece. It was something like nothing else I currently own and ultimately made me decide this is the Sinn for me....

The lume is fantastic and really adds a different dimension to the dial and watch under certain lighting....

For size comparison I added my GS and Rolex. Looks quite substantial between a 42mm Rolex and the Grand Seiko....I think this is my new personal trinity

I know many would choose the acrylic but Sinn did a great job on the sapphire version. Love the curves of the crystal and the distortion!

My Grand Seiko I hold in the highest regards with fit n finish. The Sinn at half the price holds up very nicely side by side. Although, it cannot be compared to the GS but for a tool watch, very pretty!

Similar to the GS, the dial has many different looks at different angles and lighting.

Thanks for sharing the first few hours with my Sinn. I am so happy to finally have this piece in my collection. The case is smooth to the touch. The feel is nothing short of a quality time piece. First impressions is great value for what you get. I'm about to open another bottle of fine brewery and play with my Sinn some more so I will leave you now with a thanks for looking!

Great review. I keep going back and forth between this and the 956 Klassik.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

3. Likes -JP liked this post
    Awesome pickup, I love things that are a bit different and that dial qualifies. And the three you've got together there, a great trilogy! Congrats!

5. Likes JAGtime, -JP liked this post
    Stunningly beautiful, congratulations! That watch has caught my eye several times too. The copper dial is different in a spectacular way.

And what a trio!

7. Likes JAGtime, -JP liked this post
    Wow, That is beautiful Great choice.
    B.-

9. Likes -JP liked this post
    That is a really nice watch, JP, and it looks great on you. Wear it in good health!

Jane

11. Likes -JP liked this post
    Get that Sinn crown off your Grand Seiko!

Also, very nice watch! Congratulations!

13. Likes -JP, wschofield3 liked this post
    Congrats! That is a gorgeous dial.

15. Likes -JP liked this post
    Very nice. That looks well at home on your wrist and in your collection.

17. Likes -JP liked this post
    Nice watch -something a bit different.
    Regards Cam

Watches
    Tudor Pelagos, Omega Speedmaster 3510.50, Oris 1965 Diver, Tissot Visodate, Junghans Max Bill Auto, Helson Blackbeard, Seiko PADI Turtle, Tag Heuer F1

19. Likes -JP liked this post