Likes Likes:  0

Thread: I've been SCAMMED

I've been SCAMMED

Nothing to do with watches or anyone on any forum.

Last Devember I saw a youtube video for a new magnetic charging cable for my android phone. Just like the Apple laptop ones.

I went onto Indiegogo and found the campaign page. Paid my $25 and waited.

Since then I've been getting nothing but excuse emails.

Just did some research and I'm not alone.

Seems all they did was steal photos from other companies.

I feel really stupid!

I ALWAYS do my research but not this time.

Filed a Paypal complaint only for Indiegogo to email me saying I've done it in error so they are blocking it.

Emailed them this link

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Zaptip...sing-f-1273565

and told them by blocking it they are essentially facilitating the fraud complicit in the fraud and should unblock immediately.

We'll see what happens.

Hope you get your money back

Blog Entries
    That's awful. I stay away from those sites for that reason.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

I thought if crowd funded projects don't deliver the platform has to refund you?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    I thought if crowd funded projects don't deliver the platform has to refund you?

That's what I thought also?

They do but they are blocking everyones requests. Should still get a refund via PayPal after 20 days.

Blog Entries
    Has to?

They may say that they will, but I'm aware of no legal impetus or mechanism that would enforce refunds. Sure, PR, but that's hardly "has to". They can just as easily say "buyer beware" and roll with it, and I can't think of any legal issues. It's good policy for them to return the money, but I would not hold breath that it happens.

So I call Kickstarter co-founder Yancey Strickler, and ask: What if Uhrman isn't able to deliver the consoles? Would Kickstarter get involved?

You know, that would be new ground," he says. "I don't know. I mean, no, I don't think that we would. But certainly, the kind of thing you're talking about is not a bridge that has been crossed yet. Someday it will. And you know, I think if something did go awry, it would be — it wouldn't be my favorite day."

Barnett — whose day job is being a philosophy professor at the University of Colorado, Boulder — decided to pay back 40 of his 500 backers.

"I think it sets a bad precedent," he says. "Once I did that, I could tell that it started creating the impression in some of my backers that they had purchased an item. And I think as Kickstarter grows, there's more and more of an impression that it's just a big store for people to go get deals."

That's the conflict at the heart of Kickstarter: While the company's policy says creators have to give refunds on failed projects, the website doesn't have a mechanism to do it. Barnett used PayPal.com to process $1,300 in refunds.

http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechc...eir-money-back

This is an addendum they added to the article, from Kickstarter:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/blog/acc...on-kickstarter

I would imagine Indiegogo has a similar policy and similarly lacks an enforcement mechanism. So caveat emptor still exists in the wild west that is the Internet.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

No the crowd funding site has next to zero liability for any of the projects. It would be next to impossible for them to cover the losses of every failed venture.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseus View Post
    No the crowd funding site has next to zero liability for any of the projects. It would be next to impossible for them to cover the losses of every failed venture.
    Not so much a "failed venture" but a fraudulent one.
    One that they were warned about last year and still allowed it to take pledges via their site thereby being complicit.

My brother texted me today to say that he got both his refunds via paypal. Looks good for me getting mine.