Likes Likes:  17
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three Germans (Sinns, specifically)

Three Germans (Sinns, specifically)

Got the trio together for a shot today:

Name:  trifecta_side.jpg
Views: 288
Size:  48.2 KB

Name:  trifecta_top.jpg
Views: 208
Size:  51.0 KB

From left to right: Sinn 1746 (owned ~6 years); Sinn 6096 (owned ~1 month); and Sinn 856S UTC (owned ~12 years).

The 856 was my daily wearer for many years, until it was knocked off my wrist by an Omega AT8500. Now the 856 is a weekend watch and my go-to stealth watch. The 1746 is my special occasion watch, I don't wear it that frequently but that is by design. The 6096 is new, and has successfully dislodged the Omega over the last several weeks. I suspect at some point I will settle into an every other day pattern between the Omega and the 6096.

All have been great purchases, and reliable and trustworthy companions (granted, it is a little early to say that re: the 6096 but all signs are positive so far). Sinn makes an awesome watch, IMO.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500 | Sinn 856S UTC | Sinn 1746 Klassik | Sinn 6096 Finanzplatzuhren
    Instagram: @_radharc_

I like the white one
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

3. Likes Radharc liked this post
    Lovely trio of Sinns! It’s surprising to me that we don’t see non-sport Sinn models more often. They are excellent designs and offer a unique look.

5. Likes Radharc, Strange liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    It’s surprising to me that we don’t see non-sport Sinn models more often. They are excellent designs and offer a unique look.
    Well, internet watch forums seem heavily weighted to divers and pilot watches as a general matter, add to that Sinn's (deserved) reputation for tool watches and I guess it isn't too surprising.

I agree, though, that their other lines are well-designed and have a lot to offer. Plus, there is the added benefit of knowing that it is very unlikely I will ever bump into someone else wearing one -- even if the other person is also into watches.
    Omega Aqua Terra 8500 | Sinn 856S UTC | Sinn 1746 Klassik | Sinn 6096 Finanzplatzuhren

7. Likes FuzzyB liked this post
    If you own 3 you have to learn to speak German don't you?

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

9. Likes Radharc, Sedi, deCompression liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Radharc View Post
    Well, internet watch forums seem heavily weighted to divers and pilot watches as a general matter, add to that Sinn's (deserved) reputation for tool watches and I guess it isn't too surprising.

I agree, though, that their other lines are well-designed and have a lot to offer. Plus, there is the added benefit of knowing that it is very unlikely I will ever bump into someone else wearing one -- even if the other person is also into watches.
    That is true. I own three Sinns and all of them are on the sportier side. I was tempted by the regulator but never could commit. I believe it was the numbers that started with “0” on the dial. I know it is done for symmetry but it also irks me as completely unnecessary.

11. Likes Radharc liked this post
    I was tempted by the regulator but never could commit. I believe it was the numbers that started with “0” on the dial. I know it is done for symmetry but it also irks me as completely unnecessary.
    Their regulators are gorgeous, IMO. The leading "0" doesn't bother me. That said, I find it frustrating to actually tell the time on any regulator-style watch -- which is disqualifying for me. I appreciate them as art pieces but can't see myself ever owning one, regardless of brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Radharc View Post
    Their regulators are gorgeous, IMO. The leading "0" doesn't bother me. That said, I find it frustrating to actually tell the time on any regulator-style watch -- which is disqualifying for me. I appreciate them as art pieces but can't see myself ever owning one, regardless of brand.
    I do have one regulator and it is actually quite easy to get used to. I initially felt the same way about small seconds but in reality they are not that much different.

14. Likes Seriously liked this post
    I do have one regulator and it is actually quite easy to get used to. I initially felt the same way about small seconds but in reality they are not that much different.
    This
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

I'm about to own 3 Balls (I already have 3 Omegas)

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job