Likes Likes:  98
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To Boldy Go Where No Watch Has Gone Before, The Rado NCCs

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    I think I will step back and take stock of my collection once this last lot arrive. It's been quite a busy 12 months or so for acquisitions.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    No kidding. I'm not sure, but I think you beat even my biggest flurry of buying.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    No kidding. I'm not sure, but I think you beat even my biggest flurry of buying.

The exchange rate has been too good to refuse.
    I've been picking then up so cheap lately that it's almost embarrassing. For example the pure white Aster cost me less than £50...
    You know what it's like mate, all the pieces you want the most appear at the same time.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

Quote Originally Posted by scottjc View Post
    The exchange rate has been too good to refuse.
    I've been picking then up so cheap lately that it's almost embarrassing. For example the pure white Aster cost me less than £50...
    You know what it's like mate, all the pieces you want the most appear at the same time.
    That they do. Even with this 404 a bunch of other things popped up. But I stayed strong!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    That they do. Even with this 404 a bunch of other things popped up. But I stayed strong!

And the group of five you showed in this thread are testament to your inner strength. You should be very proud.

Fabulous reference material and pictures.

The bladder is an air bladder?

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Thank you Henry for this interesting history of a very interesting brand. Your knowledge of RADO is so impressive!

Jane

8. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Great picture and write up as always, Henry! That case construction is interesting and based on the movement pictures, it looks like it was very effective. I continue to be impressed with the innovations Rado made in both materials and design. They seem to have pushed the envelope farther than almost any other brand.

10. Likes scottjc, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    They seem to have pushed the envelope farther than almost any other brand.

Hence my objections when people at the old place referred to them as a fashion brand.

Thank you for one more - and welcome - lesson on Rado, Mr Henry Krinkle.

13. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Very trick.

Beam me up Scotty.....!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

15. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post