Likes Likes:  98
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: To Boldy Go Where No Watch Has Gone Before, The Rado NCCs

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Fabulous reference material and pictures.

The bladder is an air bladder?
    It's the blue plastc-like thing. It surrounds the movement on three sides and the dial fits into it. On the early acrylic crystal versions the crystal then fits over the bladder/gasket thingy. The bladder and the crystal are held together by the case, achieving 22 atms of water resistance. I believ that is in the neighbourhood of a depth rating of 760 ft.

Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Mar 21, 2015 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    Thank you Henry for this interesting history of a very interesting brand. Your knowledge of RADO is so impressive!

Jane
    Thank you Jane. almost my entire time as a watch fan I have been buying Rados. The little Rado forum I belong to has such a huge knowledge base that Rado themselves have been known to visit it.

3. Likes scottjc, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Great picture and write up as always, Henry! That case construction is interesting and based on the movement pictures, it looks like it was very effective. I continue to be impressed with the innovations Rado made in both materials and design. They seem to have pushed the envelope farther than almost any other brand.

Thanks Brian. They are still out in front of everyone else and their designs are still pretty original but I think in some ways they have settled into their avant garde reputation, if that makes sense. Not that I still don't like them a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Thank you for one more - and welcome - lesson on Rado, Mr Henry Krinkle.
    Thank you CFR.

6. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Very trick.

Beam me up Scotty.....!
    I'm not sure that coincidence is entirely accidental, which is what Rado would tell you.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Skills. Rep'd.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    Thank you, kind sir.
    Well deserved.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

9. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Great stuff! Thanks for the lesson, Henry. Your knowledge is as impressive as your watches.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Great stuff! Thanks for the lesson, Henry. Your knowledge is as impressive as your watches.

~Sherry.
    Thank you Sherry.

Henry, I love that you've showed me some past Rado that I would have never gone looking for and a few modern ones that I like also. I always look forward to your posts.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

13. Likes Henry Krinkle, scottjc liked this post
    I always love your pictures--thank you!

15. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post