Likes Likes:  36
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Classical Goosebumps

Synesthesia? Have I spelt that right?

For him every chord had a colour. In one of his late organ works there's a long homophonic passage of long held chords. As far as he was concerned it was, literally, a complete rainbow.

Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    Ok so what pieces of classical music send chills down your spine or move you to tears? Even if it's just a brief instant, key change or phrase that you revisit time and again. .
    We did this a short while ago :-) Music that makes your skin tingle

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    We did this a short while ago :-) Music that makes your skin tingle
    I was drawing a distinction between classical and any genre. Mainly in the hope of being pointed at something new to me! :-)
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Synesthesia? Have I spelt that right?

For him every chord had a colour. In one of his late organ works there's a long homophonic passage of long held chords. As far as he was concerned it was, literally, a complete rainbow.
    Synaesthetes literally see the music tho, as though the sounds were coloured smoke in the room. I suspect most people would be familiar with the 'colour' of a particular chord or sequence even if it's only subconsciously.

PS e or ae, both correct. :-)
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

I believe that each synesthete has their own personal conversion chart for sounds and colours etc.

My sister in law is an artist and hears dance music as coloured geometrical patterns which she then draws while listening.

6. Likes muddy250 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    I was drawing a distinction between classical and any genre. Mainly in the hope of being pointed at something new to me! :-)
    It's cool , I was just pointing you to it , thought you might have forgotton you'd posted in it too lol :-)

I thought that previous thread was solely classical ? - I can't remember , I'll look through it again later

8. Likes muddy250 liked this post