Likes Likes:  22
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Longines chronographs - Basel 2015 - update pics

Longines chronographs - Basel 2015 - update pics

I find these rather cool.

I would love to see the monopusher dial without the date and the "automatic" reference isn't welcome (imo). Still, I like them.

Longines 1967 diver (42mm case, 300m WR) pic - Longines

Name:  heritage-diver-hero (1).JPG
Views: 300
Size:  185.0 KB

Name:  heritage-diver-front.png
Views: 1710
Size:  203.8 KB

Backcase (pic - Watchonista)

Name:  longines-heritage-diver-1967-67_l.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  48.0 KB

The original model ref. 7981 (pic - time and watches)

Name:  Longines-Diver-Chronograph-7981.jpg
Views: 702
Size:  90.9 KB

Monopusher-pulsometer (1920? - 40mm case) pic - hodinkee

Name:  x820x9999_Longines_Pulsometer_01.JPG
Views: 613
Size:  280.9 KB

Name:  x580x9999_Longines_Pulsometer_03.jpg
Views: 311
Size:  69.2 KB
    Last edited by CFR; Mar 22, 2015 at 03:58 AM. Reason: add 2 pics + pic of the original 1967 diver

That 67 Diver is sweet

oh wait, the titles are underneath? I'm talking about the second one...

3. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Chase View Post
    That 67 Diver is sweet

oh wait, the titles are underneath? I'm talking about the second one...
    Corrected!

Blog Entries
    I do like these Heritage pieces that Longines have produced in recent years. That '67 Diver Chrono is nice!

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

Not sure Longines had enough "courage" to go all the way and get a hand wind movement plus a cleaner dial, on the monopusher. That "automatic" (not to mention the date) is quite disturbing. Let's give it a cleaning

Name:  x820x9999_Longines_Pulsometer_01.JPG
Views: 500
Size:  100.4 KB
    Last edited by CFR; Mar 22, 2015 at 12:31 AM.

I can handle the small automatic text on the monopusher. At least it's not a wall of text like that silly new pelagos. The date I fully agree, but then I'd rather every watch not have a date wheel cluttering it up. Especially as most companies don't have the slightest idea how to incorporate in cleanly.

8. Likes happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    I'm sure they're out there, but I am yet to see a Longines I wouldn't wear. Longines does no wrong.

-hayday
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

10. Likes Teeritz, CFR liked this post
    I like the new heritage chronograph, particularly because the two existing heritage chronographs have cut off numerals and this one does not.
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I like the new heritage chronograph, particularly because the two existing heritage chronographs have cut off numerals and this one does not.
    Actually, there are, at least, 12 heritage chronographs (not counting the variants). Not all of them have cut off numerals, but I guess you mean - only - the monopushers. In that sense, yes, they avoided that problem here.
    Last edited by CFR; Mar 22, 2015 at 03:49 AM.

13. Likes MarkO liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Holy crap yes to the 1967 diver. Do the pushers work underwater? When can I buy one (not when can I afford one, that's a question no one can answer)? Will it come in any other colors? I'm not in love with the bracelet design, but everything else is wonderful. The raised eyebrow asymmetrical dial sizes, the lovely caseback, the delicately designed pushers, the signed crown, the rectangular hands. Really love pretty much all of it. Only wish that it were either 1mm wider or that the lugs were 2mm narrower. Not a dealbreaker by any means, but that's what keeps it from going into the realm of perfect watches. At least in my opinion.

15. Likes WWII70 liked this post