Likes Likes:  1

Thread: **** Orange Seiko monster ****

**** Orange Seiko monster ****

Just curious as why out of all the monster the orange one has the most appeal and why they hold the best prices , I have never really thought about it before but happen to be selling a mint con Seiko superior combo monster ( pvd casting burnt orange sunburst affect dial ) and not having much luck at hitting my price point, which I thought was fair and then I took a look at monster in general. on the bay

Noticing how, does not matter condition or age that the basic ss orange dial hold's and sell at high prices above some of the more rarer monster, the not seen everyday models ...you would think the more uncommon the better the price surely ? .....

To my point why choice an orange monster and why do they retain the value best ?

as always ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I think they hit the right shade of orange and black. and level of case brush finish. But I'm only speculating. The endlink is awful.

Retired from Fire/Rescue January 2019 with 30 years on the job

Quote Originally Posted by chuckmiller View Post
    I think they hit the right shade of orange and black. and level of case brush finish. But I'm only speculating. The endlink is awful.

yes mean it is nice enough but take the one I just sold last night made a ton less then the orange monster does but I thought as the name they used it was superior in look and had a little something more

as I say it was boxed and everything.

but made less and some I have seen of the orange and un-boxed and hard used ..to me just does not make sense ..
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Blog Entries
    Could it be because it is PVD? I was always hesitant to buy a PVD watch for fear of the finish wearing/rubbing off. As well, I find the stainless version more appealing than the all black one. But that is me.

Dan

5. Likes is that my watch liked this post