Likes Likes:  35
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The list is empty...what is a WIS to do?

The list is empty...what is a WIS to do?

when I first got into watches I made a list. over time that list changed, things to added, bought, sold, removed, rethought, but there was always a list of watches that i wanted to own.

i just pulled the trigger on the very last one...a ball skindiver 40mm on metal...

... and then there were none. what is a wis to do?

will i be content? will a new list appear? i hope not, because i really don't need anymore watches...but since when has "need" had anything to do with being a wis ;P

maybe i'll post an SOTC one day

Dan
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.

Nothing like a SOTC to get fate well and truly tempted

3. Likes Henry Krinkle, JAGtime liked this post
    Your sig lists a respectable range of brands. Nothing wrong with contentment!
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

5. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    I know the feeling - I'm not currently chasing anything really, and I want to be, which is odd. Post a SOTC and someone will identify a gap that needs filling I'm sure.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

7. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    No one mentioned GS yet?

9. Likes popoki nui, MHe225 liked this post
    I could give you my wish list to manage for me - you could do the agonizing over the choice of what to buy and then just give me a quick rundown on the thought process.
    We could include price comparison, destination options for purchasing and timing. (What if #1 on the list is limited edition but I don't want to buy until next year!)
    If all goes well you can then come on the final shopping trip and still get the retail buzz without all the unnecessary watch ownership issues!
    MB2, SOH, Aquascope, Tangente, MM300, Blackbay, North Flag, Officer, Visitor.

11. Likes Der Amf, Bwana, chicago, Chase, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by chicago View Post
    The list is empty...what is a WIS to do?
    ....check yourself for a pulse?
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

13. Likes Der Amf, Cybotron, CFR, Chase, JAGtime, OhDark30 liked this post
    make a new list but make it a very long list
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

15. Likes JAGtime liked this post
    Enjoy what you have for a while. I didn't have a list, then made one, got almost everything I wanted, then sold or traded most of them for a so called grail. Now, I have a new list...much shorter though!

17. Likes Bwana, JAGtime liked this post
    Fire up an SOTC thread(including wrist size), I love spending other peoples hard earned cash...I'm actually quite good at it