Likes Likes:  64
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Snow today...one flake made it inside.

Snow today...one flake made it inside.

This one's been on the list for quite a while...

Name:  Snowflake Box 2 small.JPG
Views: 233
Size:  145.1 KB

You've probably guessed what's inside from the cutesy thread title...

Name:  Snowflake in Box small.JPG
Views: 270
Size:  123.3 KB

I am really impressed by the quality--although I've not looked at it under a loupe, it doesn't appear to have any of the issues that IoL's had. This watch is going to be my new "stealth" watch, a casual glance will go right by it, but when you look at the details, it's amazing. Just a few:

1. The beautiful beveled edges of the hands and indices
    2. The perfect lengths of the hour, minute and seconds hands--each going to precisely the right place
    3. The lovely blue of the seconds hand
    4. The dial texture, which is only visible from close up and from certain angles
    5. The detail of the power reserve

I could go on...but instead, here are some pictures. There are much better ones out there, but the best I can do. The bracelet is of course very light since it's titanium. I am blessed with a wrist that must be the average the watch manufacturers use, as I've not yet found a bracelet or strap that wasn't comfortable for me...

Name:  Snowflake Wrist 1 small.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  140.1 KB

Name:  Snowflake Wrist 5 small.JPG
Views: 180
Size:  140.1 KB

Name:  Snowflake Bracelet 1 small.JPG
Views: 216
Size:  132.4 KB

Name:  Snowflake Bracelet 2 small.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  132.7 KB

The movement is lovely, too:

Name:  Snowflake Back 2 small.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  150.3 KB

Thanks to Dan at Timeless.

My summary:

Pros:

Beautiful fit and finish
    Unique dial
    Stealthy yet wonderful to look at the details
    Comfortable and light
    That "clean sweep" seconds hand!

Cons:

No tick!
    Ummm, that's all I've got...

Congrats! I love this GS, one of my favorites. I drove myself crazy in the AD when it came time to decide between the High Beat and the Snowflake as to which one was coming home with me. If I had to make that choice again I would still go crazy with the decision.

3. Likes mlcor liked this post
    What a coincidence: I wore my Snowflake today.

Beautiful watch, and I'm glad yours is flaw free.

It's an odd/interesting feeling when you realize that the movement is completely silent.

5. Likes -JP, mlcor liked this post
    A fabulous thing. One of the finest watches of its era, really.

7. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Amazing luxury 'stealth' !
    so beautiful! thanks for sharing...

9. Likes mlcor liked this post
    I have trouble calling the Snowflake stealth, because it's too shiny for that (the same goes for other GSs). Occasionally, I'll refer to it as my bling watch.

11. Likes -JP liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    What a coincidence: I wore my Snowflake today.

Beautiful watch, and I'm glad yours is flaw free.

It's an odd/interesting feeling when you realize that the movement is completely silent.
    Well, my old eyes may be deceiving me, but blowing up my pictures didn't reveal any flaws, either, and that's the only way I can tell...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Imitation of Life View Post
    I have trouble calling the Snowflake stealth, because it's too shiny for that (the same goes for other GSs). Occasionally, I'll refer to it as my bling watch.
    Well, I think few would notice that shininess. My bling watch is the Hulk...tough to miss that one. I guess the Breguet Marine might qualify as blingy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Well, my old eyes may be deceiving me, but blowing up my pictures didn't reveal any flaws, either, and that's the only way I can tell...

I wouldn't worry about it. Just enjoy the feeling a new watch brings. You're on a roll this year.

15. Likes mlcor, JAGtime liked this post
    Beauty! Congrats, mlcor.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

17. Likes mlcor liked this post