Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stowa Partitio: The first 48 hours

Stowa Partitio: The first 48 hours

Quick Bottom line:

A well done affordable watch with a proven ETA engine (2801 Handwound) and cool retro styling.

From the Stowa website:

"The classic elegant three-hand watch is based on a 1930's model, a time when clearly designed
    (influenced by Bauhaus) functional dials prevailed.

The minute- and second dial is exceedingly fine - divided in smallest partitions - which explains the name of the model: Partitio.

The crown and the buckle are engraved with the STOWA Logo."

They are right on all counts.

Very legible dial that has an eggshell texture and "syringe" hands:

Step back and see the whole watch....notice the sweep and has no tail.....love this small feature. I don't think I've seen it before, or at least not very often.

A "gentlemenly" 37mm but don't fooled - it wears larger because it is pretty much all dial. Here it is on my 7.5 wrist:

The lume is actually pretty good. Lasts through the night after the initial charge

Signed crown has deep logo:

They're lovely, especially the white-dialled version. The creaminess of the hands and numerals is delightful.

I was really quite taken by that watch when I visited Stowa. Congratulations!

Thanks for posting your impressions and pics, RMM
    It is clearly a gorgeous watch - congratulations and looking forward to hearing your thoughts as you wear it some more in different situations
    I love that it is such a *rational* design, but with heart, practicality and elegance - a great combination
    Must admit I'm also tempted :-)
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Blog Entries
    What a great watch. That thing is pure class. Enjoy it.

Thank you, everyone - it is a joy to wear

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    They're lovely, especially the white-dialled version. The creaminess of the hands and numerals is delightful.

I was really quite taken by that watch when I visited Stowa. Congratulations!
    Another vote for the light dial version being the one to have. The subtle colours give an interest and charm that the black lacks, imo

7. Likes rockmastermike liked this post
    Great dial. Has a bit of the Nomo's Club going on with it IMHO.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

I want a black dial , but as far as I remember they only did black in auto when they introduced it , changed now , they can offer a handwind in black now :-)

Maybe one day :-)

Love the almost Max Bill esque case back , not as keen on this light dial version for some reason, maybe I just prefer black.... but I do have cream and white dials ....hmmmmm

Fantastic pics. I love the simple, vintage style of this one.

Thanks for sharing.It looks good on-ya.Another great German design,love the simplistic design.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842