Likes Likes:  30
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ****VINTAGE OMEGA SEAMASTER DE VILLE AUTOMATIC WRIST WATCH ****

Like Kath, these days I’m less and less interested in internet mythology and plausible reasoning and more into what is possible, what remains and what existing pictures tell us.

Which leads me here:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attracti..._District.html

check the blurry pictures...

Last edited by Matt; Oct 24, 2018 at 04:19 AM.

2. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    Sloppily researched article as an overview of space watches, Alan, sadly

Quite probably, but it was posted to support ismy’s comment that the identity of Gagarin’s watch is still disputed in some quarters. I’m just a general reader when it comes to Russian watches (and space watches) and have no view.

4. Likes is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Quite probably, but it was posted to support ismy’s comment that the identity of Gagarin’s watch is still disputed in some quarters. I’m just a general reader when it comes to Russian watches (and space watches) and have no view.
    well love me a Russian but the whole space watch is a bag of snakes that i ant sticking my hand into

but a nice watch is a nice watch and it is deffo better looking then the larika one ( story goes the guy was trying to get rid of it so stuck it on the dog going into space .. but hmmm they retrieve the pod and when found he got a right rollicking if you believe the story )
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

ISMY don’t like no mummy cuddling snakes on no mummy cuddling spacecraft.

More seriously, even if the watch in question is correct, then both Kath and I, normally sticklers, both shrugged and went for the nicest one that looked basically right and sound. Never buy a Ukrainian watch because they are a creative folk... I assume their present travails stem from Putin buying an authentic 42mm 1905 Patek 600m dive watch on ebay...

like some of the eastern block creativity as long as they are upfront about it my Gagarin was marked having work done and specifically what work done ..but yes all down to the seller as do love some of the marriage watches come out of the east at the minute been tempted with they keywork pw conversions at the minute but at around £150 to me seem a bit steep.

but in reality for the time and effort put in doing them ( I should know made a few conversions myself mine sold at a lost which was a shame --realise if I was doing for me which I did they might not be to everyone's taste --so if a business then you got to be more boring I suppose a bit more bland in the set of hands to dial to case ) plus the component parts rarer plus them servicing them as they do it .. yes might be worth one just for the thats different vibe .

but yes the more standard Russian watches now are a lot more cut and shunt as the east opening up to trade and people wanting them have increased it lends to parts old one etc being dragged out of draws and what not and sold . but even thats good and bad so yes love the way you can just fall in to the history and innards working when you have Russian / vintage / old Chinese etc that just is so lacking in a modern cold watch.
    to me they lack warmth of vintage stuff they are new and cold un-lived I know am crazy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

8. Likes Matt liked this post
    these are are all keyless works for example

not really going to go in to what percent each of those are to authentic or not to me with these sort of marriages / conversion you buy them as a piece of almost I suppose art in themselves and not in what they was originally and you a fix a price on that .. I always think
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

well they did not go for it so guess no harm in showing the pics now of the one that had caught my eye

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

11. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Yes: it wasn’t a pop at you, Alan :-)
    I know you do your homework and that Gagarin’s watch was the reason you posted it
    But it’s so disappointing when their shallow research undermines the premise of the article, to broaden our knowledge of space watches beyond the obvious
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

I must admit that when I first saw the article I thought it was QP not GQ.

14. Likes OhDark30 liked this post
    missed out on this one went higher then I was willing to pay ..well that is not hundred percent true probably would have gone more but with out a movement shot lack of knowledge I choose a price and almost stuck to it went an extra tenner but did not work ...

sharky
    rest easy good buddy