Likes Likes:  53
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This Just IN... Seiko Prospex SSC277.

This Just IN... Seiko Prospex SSC277.

My brother just get home from business trip abroad... he surprise me when he handle a blue box.. he know i'm a 'Seiko and G-Shock guy'.. (got to start spread the Rumor that i'm a Rolex guy ).. he is not a WIS, and he often said i wear watches that are to small that look like ladies watch.. He said he saw this Seiko on a deal and bought it for me... very kind of him and i really appreciate the gesture..

so here it is.. Seiko Prospex SSC277
    Name:  DSCN9681.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  70.7 KB

it said to have a 'gun metal' finish.. so it is not deep black since it got dark grey shines, but is pass as black indoor..

the bracelet is solid end link.. pretty nice..
    Name:  DSCN9682.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  66.7 KB

i have not resize the bracelet.. just put it on the wrist to give it a wrist shot..
    it is a BIG watch at almost 45mm and wear even bigger like a 47mm watch because of the fat lugs, and extra pusher protection.
    it is 12mm thick.. got rotating bezel (i have no idea which should be in the 12 o c'clock side) and solidly made..
    Name:  DSCN9691.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  84.9 KB

i remove the bracelet to put it on leather, but is gonna a bit difficult for me since i dont have black hardwares.. so i borrow the strap from my Seiko Cushion case chrono that got black IP..
    Name:  DSCN9701.jpg
Views: 93
Size:  69.9 KB

not a perfect match.. this will benefit a black leather strap with orange stitchings as accent.. but i just want to wear it for now..
    Name:  DSCN9697.jpg
Views: 163
Size:  88.4 KB

another angle to show the chunky watch on my 6,5" pencil wrist..
    Name:  DSCN9702.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  50.3 KB

over all i like this watch! ... even though honestly i wont buy one for myself since usually this style is not my cup of tea from the picture, but is actually very nice in metal..
    it has the Cal. V175 movement which i'm familiar with from my other seiko solar chrono diver..

a bit of my 'pet peeve' is the designer seem to have a sense of humor too make a prank with this particular model.. the hands are in grey and blend to the sub dial so in some light the hands will just 'disappear'.. and they put the lume on the bottom side of the hands and make them pretty similar that make you have to really focus for a while..
    oh and i can not read any of the micro writing at all! (i'm not a pilot anyway)

this is my only watch with orange lume though..
    Name:  DSCN9712.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  14.6 KB

a new watch is a new watch.. so i'm having a blast today! good for me to cheer me up until i got my IWL watch..

thanks for looking guys...
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

That is a great watch, iyonk, but it wasn't complete until you yonkified it! That is a great combo!

3. Likes iyonk, gnuyork liked this post
    Very nice of your brother to do that, Iyonk!

5. Likes iyonk, TigerDore liked this post
    Thank TD and mlcor... i have been having a very rough weeks lately.. so this surprise gift is a helpful moral Boost for me.. its been said "its the Thought that count" i found it sincerely true..

7. Likes TigerDore, watchdaddy1, popoki nui liked this post
    Nice gesture from your brother.

Congratulations and enjoy your new Seiko, Iyonk. Now, let's get a strap made for it.

9. Likes iyonk, TigerDore liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Nice gesture from your brother.

Congratulations and enjoy your new Seiko, Iyonk. Now, let's get a strap made for it.
    Thank you C!
    nahhh.. new strap can wait .. got prioritized on re-making your orders.. the second time i sent seem lost and dont return to me... hopefully the third time is the charm!

The leather strap i put was to thin for the heavy watch head, so i borrow this thicker leather strap from my AirBoss and it fit much better.. and the non contrast stitch seem help..

Name:  DSCN9715.jpg
Views: 135
Size:  74.2 KB

Congratulations on your new watch iyonk. That's a great brother you have mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Likes iyonk liked this post
    That's pretty cool looking, and lovely of your brother to buy it for you

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

15. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by TigerDore View Post
    That is a great watch, iyonk, but it wasn't complete until you yonkified it! That is a great combo!
    Yonkified™

17. Likes TigerDore, iyonk liked this post