Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bracelet fit

Bracelet fit

I have a tiny left wrist (6.3"). But, I like bracelets. There are these (silly?) rules that say "a man should never wear a bracelet loose". I am loathe to subtract multiple links from the bracelets (inevitably to be lost) just to satisfy this fashion edict.

What say you? How loose/tight should a watch bracelet be (for a man).

Not surprisingly - I'm used to wearing my watch braclelets a bit loose. Straps, of course, are another matter.

On the other hand, I usually wear a pocketwatch - but, I've recently joined the 21st century (well, perhaps the 20th).
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    I have a tiny left wrist (6.3"). But, I like bracelets. There are these (silly?) rules that say "a man should never wear a bracelet loose". I am loathe to subtract multiple links from the bracelets (inevitably to be lost) just to satisfy this fashion edict.

What say you? How loose/tight should a watch bracelet be (for a man).

It should be as tight, or loose, as you feel comfortable with. Simple as that.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

I can live with that!

Will no one stand up for fashion correctness?
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    It should be as tight, or loose, as you feel comfortable with. Simple as that.

~Sherry.
    Amen. And that's a wrap.

5. Likes popoki nui, JAGtime, muddy250 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    Will no one stand up for fashion correctness?
    Not me. I gave up on fashion correctness about twenty years ago; it's all about comfort, now!
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

7. Likes JAGtime, scottjc liked this post
    I wear my bracelets loose and straps less loose. I do not wear either loose enough for the watch to spin right 'round. Those are my rules and mine only. Go out and make your own. it should be about what is comfortable to you.

9. Likes Chase, scottjc liked this post
    I hate keeping the bracelets loose - if the watch moves around too much, it could take some damage-door dings and stuff plus the clinking metal noise is not really fun to hear (especially at work).

Blog Entries
    It should feel snug if you can slot your little finger under the watch at the lug end.

Ten seconds later...
    ..........okay, did some of you just try that?

teeritz

(IWL Member No. 72)
    My other distractions ---> http://www.teeritz.blogspot.com.au

12. Likes popoki nui liked this post
    I have similarly sized wrists and I always wear my watches pretty snug. When I get a new one I size the bracelet, put all the spare links in the box and put the box away.

14. Likes Col Angus liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    I have similarly sized wrists and I always wear my watches pretty snug. When I get a new one I size the bracelet, put all the spare links in the box and put the box away.
    Yep... looks silly on a guy and sexy on a woman (I rarely have spare links though - "gorilla wrists"). Did I mention how great it looks on a woman? Oh yeah... and how ridiculous it looks on a guy?
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

16. Likes whatmeworry, Teeritz, Col Angus liked this post