Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bracelet fit

Bracelet fit

6.3" *isn't* tiny - over on WUS a while back a poll discovered that male average was 6.5
    I'm a gal, not particularly into bracelets (horological or the jewelry sort) but realising that many watches now are very oversized, and the bracelets also. I'm a 6.5.
    The best bracelet I had was on the Speedy Reduced - it combined elegant looks with comfort, great fit and balance (often overlooked - hefty watch heads and light bracelets *need* to be worn tight to prevent rotation)
    I'd say - wear what feels comfortable - both in a physical and a fashion sense.
    Remove links if needed (someone had sized the Speedy bracelet), or release your inner Commander Hadfield and hang loose, baby!
    http://chrishadfield.ca/videos/chris...ng-in-the-iss/
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

2. Likes Der Amf, popoki nui, JAGtime, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    Not me. I gave up on fashion correctness about twenty years ago; it's all about comfort, now!
    ^^^ That...... Though I don't think I've taken too much notice of fashion since my punk days !
    I have mostly bracelets and don't like to feel the watch 'slop' on my wrist.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

I cannot stand any watch being snug on my wrist. Consequently, I most always wear a bracelet, and I wear it somewhat loose.

5. Likes Henry Krinkle, scottjc liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    Will no one stand up for fashion correctness?
    To paraphrase a fashion designer friend of mine:
    Fashion/Style rules are for those that lack the self confidence to wear whatever the hell the want, however the hell they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    6.3" *isn't* tiny - over on WUS a while back a poll discovered that male average was 6.5
    Wow seriously? I thought my wrist was fairly normal sized at 7.25".
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

Yeah I remember the poll, it was open for a long time

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Wow seriously? I thought my wrist was fairly normal sized at 7.25".
    Me, too, that's my wrist size also. I'm in the "snug" camp, myself, regardless of whether it's a bracelet or strap. Like whatmeworry, I just put the extra links in the box, which goes into storage in the basement.

I've been blessed with a wrist whose size and shape must be what watch designers use when they design straps/bracelets...everything seems to fit me without a problem, I've got bracelets, regular pin buckle straps, and several kinds of deployants and they're all fine. Or maybe I'm just not that fussy...so long as they're snug and not flying around all over the place, that drives me nuts.

OTOH, if you like'em loose, who are we to tell you otherwise? Fashion be damned, comfort counts, too.

Quote Originally Posted by KennethRSloan View Post
    ...I am loathe to subtract multiple links from the bracelets (inevitably to be lost) just to satisfy this fashion edict.

What say you? How loose/tight should a watch bracelet be (for a man)...
    Wear it as tight or as loose as you like, but get yourself a watch box or dedicated drawer or something to keep extra links, straps, tools, etc. Seems to me it's less a matter of fashion edict, and more a case of a little organization.
    Updated after some divestment:

Glashütte Original Senator Hand Date (GONE) | Omega Speedmaster Broad Arrow (GONE - turns out I don’t much care for chronographs) | Omega Seamaster 300 GMT "Great White" | Rolex Datejust 16013 | Ulysse Nardin 14K chronometre (c. 1960s) | Marathon TSAR | Meistersinger Metris | Apple Watch

Quote Originally Posted by ck1109 View Post
    I hate keeping the bracelets loose - if the watch moves around too much, it could take some damage-door dings and stuff plus the clinking metal noise is not really fun to hear (especially at work).
    What's this clinking metal noise you speak of? The only bracelet I have that makes any noise at all is the one on my much hated Seiko 5.

If it's too loose I think it would be uncomfortable moving around on your wrist, but I would do what makes you happy.