Likes Likes:  207
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Thursday - 8 November 2018 »»»»»»»»»

Still wearing the Helson Sharkmaster 600. Really happy with this one.

Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

P8273202 by Hank Blanc, on Flickr
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

Panerai today.

Last night’s dinner was in fact a combination honor/mild roast. Sorry, @CFR, no tourbillon, but I did get this:

All made in our factory in Milwaukee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Awesome. Was it ever... Used to dream of having one of those. My/Our Sergeant had one and he was the envy of all of us.
    I've wanted one forever, but it's one of those watches that went on and off my radar over the years. When I thought I'd like one, I could never find one for sale (or for sale in reasonable condition or not a silly price), so I'd just wait. A few weeks ago, we were watching a Just Planes dvd and one of the crew was wearing one. I thought (again)...right...I want one. As it turned out, there was one on a Canadian forum. Looked in great shape, excellent price.
    Merlot was involved, which may or may not have made it look even better, but after a brief chat with the seller, it was mine before the dvd ended. It's easily 90% condition or better. I haven't really been interested in acquiring more watches, but this was just too serendipitous to pass up.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Showed this watch to the student I’ve been tutoring. He was enthralled.

Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post

Sorry, @CFR, no tourbillon, but I did get this:

I told you I could be wrong. Anyway, it's not an AL&S, but it still is a nice gift.

Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    I told you I could be wrong. Anyway, it's not an AL&S, but it still is a nice gift.
    Yes, it is. The picture doesn’t really do the craftsmanship justice, either.

9. Likes CFR, iyonk liked this post
    Late again! Ebel Type E on bracelet. Love the blue dial on this one.

Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Quote Originally Posted by popoki nui View Post
    I've wanted one forever, but it's one of those watches that went on and off my radar over the years. When I thought I'd like one, I could never find one for sale (or for sale in reasonable condition or not a silly price), so I'd just wait.
    I know how that feels - I'm in that very same boat with the 'Albatross', my very first serious watch lust ..... Just waiting for the right one, at the right price, at the right time
    Name:  montreal.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  72.3 KB
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

12. Likes OhDark30, popoki nui, iyonk liked this post