Name:  Omega Speedy Alaska 53d.JPG
Views: 257
Size:  146.6 KB

Name:  Omega Speedy Alaska 49b.JPG
Views: 226
Size:  414.9 KB

Have a great weekend.

Have a great weekend my IWL Family..

Simple combo Bulova accompany me for today..
    Name:  20181117_130900.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  56.7 KB
    It keep crazy excellent time! Super accurate.. it only gain 0.5sec in 11 months..

=================
    my brother visit and showed me his new G-Shock.. abit to big for my wrist but it is a COOL Watch..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    my brother visit and showed me his new G-Shock.. abit to big for my wrist but it is a COOL Watch..
    Ooooo!
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

4. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Two watches for tomorrow. Back in about 1986, I was much younger and only a little more foolish than I am now. I didn't have much money and two cats who needed spay and neuter. I happened upon a cat rescue group set up in a mall, who offered to do them for a very low price. I really appreciated their kind offer. In 2000, I joined them as a volunteer to help a little in paying back that kindness. Eighteen years now, and counting...
    Tomorrow I'll be volunteering at the second of our twice-yearly fundraisers. I'll wear my old DW-1000. It's the actual watch I owned back in the 80s when this group helped me and my cats, and it's the watch I wear at each of these events, for old time's sake:
    Name:  DW1000 11-16-18-1.jpg
Views: 239
Size:  45.1 KB

Tomorrow evening, I will attend the AGM for the local chapter of the Royal Astronomical Society of Canada, and my final official act on our board of directors, calling the elections for the new, incoming board of directors. I will still be engaged in teaching, public outreach, and research, but it will be strange to no longer be in the running of the group. A little bittersweet. My watch for the AGM will be a Pulsar Time Computer P4-series Executive:
    Name:  P4 Executive 2.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  66.4 KB

And so it goes......

~Sherry.
    Last edited by popoki nui; Nov 17, 2018 at 05:19 PM.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Blog Entries
    I love the stories that show up behind these pictures of watches. Thank you for making it so interesting!

For me on Saturday, in smoke shrouded northern California, I have the lume dial Airman Base 22. It makes me pause a bit to ponder how we think about brands after they have been purchased and subsumed by entities we don't prefer. In my subconscious, Invicta weakened my love for this limited edition, a treasure for me when I bought it used some years ago. We tend to think retroactively, don't we? This is about ten years old, but metaphorically tainted by Invicta, ex post facto? Some brands escape zombie status because of exclusivity (Breguet? Lange? I would like one, yes, thank you.) We're a funny bunch aren't we?

Too many watches, not enough wrists.

Heading home from a week in smoky San Francisco with my trusty Bambino (many thanks again to Walter for the generous giveaway)

A couple of people asked about the suede strap so here it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme

Blog Entries
    Good morning from smoky Napa Valley, everyone!

Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Lovely old Heuer Quartz. And perfect 39mm to boot!

Humbly Conquering the World, One Watch at a Time!

Horologically Yours,

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by skywatch View Post
    For me on Saturday, in smoke shrouded northern California, I have the lume dial Airman Base 22. It makes me pause a bit to ponder how we think about brands after they have been purchased and subsumed by entities we don't prefer. In my subconscious, Invicta weakened my love for this limited edition, a treasure for me when I bought it used some years ago. We tend to think retroactively, don't we? This is about ten years old, but metaphorically tainted by Invicta, ex post facto? Some brands escape zombie status because of exclusivity (Breguet? Lange? I would like one, yes, thank you.) We're a funny bunch aren't we?
    I do know what you're saying, but I seem to have escaped this particular feeling with my own two pre-Invicta Glycines. For me, there is no "taint" associated with these -- but I do feel a bit of sadness, knowing that the days of the original Glycine are over...