Likes Likes:  1,166
Page 23 of 88 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 SIHH/Baselworld

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

2. Likes synequano liked this post
    I think Panerai is losing their way...

While the new MM carbotech looks interesting,but the prohibitive price (39.900 eur) and questionable durability of carbotech might be the Achilles heel of their new line ups

When I think of Panerai,I think about simple,classic watch that still looks okay 10-20 years down the line (think pam 111) not some ultra futuristic watch like RM,hublot or urwerk

4. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    I think Panerai is losing their way...

While the new MM carbotech looks interesting,but the prohibitive price (39.900 eur) and questionable durability of carbotech might be the Achilles heel of their new line ups

When I think of Panerai,I think about simple,classic watch that still looks okay 10-20 years down the line (think pam 111) not some ultra futuristic watch like RM,hublot or urwerk
    I agree. Can't beat the historic Pam's. For me the Luminor and Radiomir line are my favorites. I'm not much of a fan of the Submersible line. These prices are getting way out of control for these new models.

Last edited by Cybotron; Jan 14, 2019 at 11:12 AM.
    Cheers,

Richard

6. Likes synequano liked this post
    Looks like I'll be buying another pilot watch.

Cheers,

Richard

8. Likes synequano liked this post
    Dubious use of ‘Spitfire’ again by IWC...

What time is it?

Cheers,

Richard

11. Likes synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    What time is it?

An Apple/Beat Haldimann homage. What's next?

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    An Apple/Beat Haldimann homage. What's next?
    This one will actually be able to tell the time via the Repeater though.

That being said, I'm getting a bit tired of Moser's gimmicks.

The Hermes is gorgeous! Do the dials move throughout the lunar cycle to cover up the underlying moons? If so, that may be my favorite new moon phase.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    The Hermes is gorgeous! Do the dials move throughout the lunar cycle to cover up the underlying moons? If so, that may be my favorite new moon phase.
    Apparently, yes.

Quoting Hodinkee: "The Arceau L’Heure De La Lune presents a pair of stationary mother-of-pearl moons with a complementary pair of floating lacquer dials floating over the top that rotate around the dial once every 59 days, covering and uncovering the moons [...]".

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/he...ne-introducing
    Last edited by CFR; Jan 14, 2019 at 02:56 AM.

16. Likes Dimman, FuzzyB, synequano liked this post