Likes Likes:  1,166
Page 44 of 88 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 SIHH/Baselworld

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    The Rolex rumour mill is hilarious. Rolex says virtually nothing and the mill workers do Rolex’s market research and promotion.
    Genius.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    Most women I know that want a Sub prefer just getting the 40mm so I don't see a 36mm version being made. If they do then it might be a 37mm like the Yachtmaster. Since the 37mm YM sit in AD for years and are generally offered at good (for Rolex) discounts I think this would be a bad move. Not nearly as bad a move as discontinuing the Batman given the waiting lists.
    I agree.

I don't see how Rolex bringing out a Blue bezels sub would help the blue bezel BB? So I'm guessing you were kidding. The Pepsi BB GMT is already being slightly discounted on the grey market and my AD has two in the case at retail so they are not all that hard to get. In a few months, they should be at some higher level of discount.
    I figure demand for a blue bezel Sub and the inevitable six year waiting lists will mean people will be looking for an alternative, and since the Submariner would just be an homage to the Black Bay, blue bezel Black Bay demand will increase, which should bump the prices.

Hope if the Coke comes out it has the Jubilee bracelet.
    They have both in the article, but, no offense, the jubilee bracelet is ugly, overly shiny, and jangly looking. It doesn’t belong in a sport or professional watch.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

4. Likes Samanator, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post

Er no thanks. Or maybe just a bad render.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Blog Entries

Highly doubtful. I would expect an expansion of the Black Bay 58 line and maybe a solid bezel GMT. Although, if they were going to do a white dial, Tudor would be the company to do it.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

I love white dials, but not in this example.

Re FC Hybrid movement:

Name:  Electronical.jpg
Views: 85
Size:  40.0 KB

.... Sounds like something Del Boy would say.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

2019 SIHH/Baselworld

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I agree.

I figure demand for a blue bezel Sub and the inevitable six year waiting lists will mean people will be looking for an alternative, and since the Submariner would just be an homage to the Black Bay, blue bezel Black Bay demand will increase, which should bump the prices.

They have both in the article, but, no offense, the jubilee bracelet is ugly, overly shiny, and jangly looking. It doesn’t belong in a sport or professional watch.
    BB blues are so available that I don’t see a demand growing. Personally I don’t see the BB blue being the alternative to it. Pelagos maybe since it has more similar features and a ceramic bezel not the fragile aluminum insert which should never be on a watch at this price point. Most people know they can buy it, use for a year or two and recover most of the cost on a Pelagos.

All these things applied to the jubilee of old. I went into the Pepsi with an open mind. It is none of the things you described except for the shiny part ( and remember the oyster has more shiny since it has PCLs). What you failed to pick up on is it is twice as comfortable as the oyster which I did not think was possible (remember I had a BLNR). It’s also more historically correct.
    Ugly is in the eye of the beholder. The only way I would prefer the Oyster would be if it had the glidelock clasp. That will not happen so I would prefer the jubilee on the coke. Back when this was first rumored (early January)to come out I put my name on the list at my AD for the coke and the polar white Explorer and Explorer II with the ceramic insert. Not really interest in the Milgauss unless it does not look like what they mocked up. This is the third year I’ve put in for the ceramic bezeled Explorer II.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Feb 11, 2019 at 01:42 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

2019 SIHH/Baselworld

Now that I would be interested in if the bezel is ceramic. I’m making the assumption this would have the applied indexes that the BB line has and not just a printed dial as rendered.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by Samanator; Feb 11, 2019 at 01:46 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!