Likes Likes:  122
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 IWL iyonk_strap Raffle idea...

2018 IWL iyonk_strap Raffle idea...

I've been working on this one for many-many hours and take days to finish the way i want it...
    as some of you know i got a bit of material from 1950's Russian Camera leather case from Kath (thank you Kath!)...
    i took the best material from the main part of this case to make a very special strap... rather than sell it, i'm thinking to give back to this little community with sincere intention to collect some fund to keep the forum running...

so i deeply hope some moderator or members could make it happen... i dont know how much interest for making another strap raffle like we had one years ago (if there are lack of interest, i would try my best to find a buyer for this strap and donate all the money to this forum).. could some moderator help?
    i'm thinking of using the IWL Donation (i will make one soon after this.. i'm not in for the raffle..just want to be a part of this community) as raffle entrance and then in 30 days, the person incharge would then announce the number/name of the winner.. is it do able kind moderators?

i just want anyone weather you're old member or new, moderators or regular could participate ...

=================

some background for the strap (please give me permission to brag guys.. )
    This strap is not everybody's cup of tea.. if you like manufactured strap from big company and fabric to prestine, fancy stitches and glossy one-- you wont like this strap..

this strap is for people who appreciate custom hand made strap from very special material... strap that is build to last you a life time... one of a kind strap and there will be no other like it since i can not make another exact one even if i want to.. i only have enough material to make this one (Sorry Kath)

the strap is not for dressy watch since it is quite thick and substantial.. it is 20mm taper to 18mm.. with the length of 80mm and 120mm.. should fit from 6,5" to 7,5" wrist size..
    the strap would suit Omega Speedmaster to Seiko Diver, from thick Chronograph like some Sinn to some Flieger... if you have substantial watch.. this watch will serve you well..
    if you don't --- well, even if you have to buy a watch to fit this strap, it will be worthed..
    this strap will make a great conversation piece... and you could brag about it to your heart content..
    no matter you like brown or black strap or what dial.. this piece of art will look GOOD on your wrist..
    you could even sell it if you win it.. i can guarantee you will get great value from this special strap..

after measuring the material, i could only make this pair... the picture with the place it was born from..
    Name:  DSCN0135.jpg
Views: 246
Size:  124.6 KB

it is stamped as a proof of a genuine iyonk_strap
    Name:  DSCN0138.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  86.6 KB

it is rather thick like i said.. here's compared to the rubber strap from Victorinox INOX and M-Force rubber strap.
    Name:  DSCN0140.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  53.2 KB

even if you just want to keep it in your drawer as a collection.. it is a cool strap to own..
    Name:  DSCN0131.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  79.7 KB

Name:  DSCN0141.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  67.1 KB

================================
    here's how to donate to the IWL Fund..
    if you click the home button on the upper left, it will direct you to the main IWL Page...
    on the lower RIGHT there is a button for the Donation
    each donation is $10

i just did mine as i type this..
    goodluck everybody..(hopefully some moderators would chime in to make it happen.. thank you so much guys)

PS: when you want to participate, please reply with "I'm IN" and make sure you did the Donation as you enter.. Thank you..
    Last edited by iyonk; Sep 13, 2018 at 11:57 AM.
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap

That's the strap my Smiths has been waiting for - I'm in.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

3. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Raffle idea..
    To save you all the trouble and hassle of a raffle , just send it directly to me Iyonk

(Nice though it is, I've got way too many 20mm straps already , so I'm out )
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

5. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    To save you all the trouble and hassle of a raffle , just send it directly to me Iyonk

(Nice though it is, I've got way too many 20mm straps already , so I'm out )

so what Lug size would be your preference Mike?

7. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    That's the strap my Smiths has been waiting for - I'm in.
    goodluck and thank you for your Donation mate..

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post

so what Lug size would be your preference Mike?
    I'll come back to you on that if I can
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

10. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Did you really think there wouldn't be interest in a raffle for one of your straps? They're the best straps in the world!

That one looks really awesome.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

12. Likes iyonk liked this post
    I'm in and Donated. That strap would look really good on my Bronze Evant.

14. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by litlmn View Post
    I'm in and Donated. That strap would look really good on my Bronze Evant.
    Thank you for your Donation man...
    this one would suit your Evant perfectly.. especially if you could go extra mile to fit a bronze buckle on it..

Fabulous, iyonk!
    I knew you’d do something super cool with that leather, and this raffle is a fab idea
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

17. Likes Raza, iyonk liked this post