Likes Likes:  28
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What's next for Col Angus...tutu shopping?

What's next for Col Angus...tutu shopping?

I was looking for something new and started browsing some of my favorite online vendors and got kinda smitten with a funky, used watch that just seemed cool. Did my research and found it was a lady's watch (they called it unisex on the description...nice try!)!

Huh??? No way!!! Then again, I'm not uptight. I've been known to stretch the envelope. Why not? So I called my guy at the dealer and began negotiations. I have a watch that I can trade on it. Let's go! Worked my angles, let them work out a trade. Sent them photos and waited for a reply.

Now starts the second guessing. I start googling, "Men wearing women's watches." Read through dozens of posts on several forum. In the end, felt confident.

The next day, I get an email back, but I knew immediately we were too far apart., so luckily, I passed on the deal. Can you imagine? The therapy costs? Not just for me, but my kids...my wife? So happy!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Pics are most definitely required.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes dbakiva liked this post
    I would, but you guys would make fun of me.

Don't make me pull rank

6. Likes Martin, dbakiva liked this post
    I have yet to figure out why a watch is labelled a ladies' watch or a man's watch. What's the point? Why eliminate half of your possible buyers by telling them it is not the watch for them?

I was browsing the JeanRichard website the other night to check out their new 39 mm offerings. I have been curious about the new Terrascope models but the original is 44 mm, which just seems too big for me.

For the most part, the 39 mm models were just scaled down versions of the larger models. And the. I read the description accompanying the watch. Rather than saying everything you love about the watch in a smaller size, they describe the 39 mm models as being feminine and designed for ladies. Since when is a 39 mm watch only meant for ladies?

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    I have yet to figure out why a watch is labelled a ladies' watch or a man's watch. What's the point? Why eliminate half of your possible buyers by telling them it is not the watch for them?

I was browsing the JeanRichard website the other night to check out their new 39 mm offerings. I have been curious about the new Terrascope models but the original is 44 mm, which just seems too big for me.

For the most part, the 39 mm models were just scaled down versions of the larger models. And the. I read the description accompanying the watch. Rather than saying everything you love about the watch in a smaller size, they describe the 39 mm models as being feminine and designed for ladies. Since when is a 39 mm watch only meant for ladies?
    I agree. The new Nomos is said to be a ladies watch; it's 36mm.

I saw what happened to Gary123. What if I react in kind? Then I'd have to start my own apology thread. Too cruel!

Oh, the pressure. I'm doomed!

OK, I have this friend, right? And he saw this watch he liked. I, err I mean HE thought its proportions were much better done than the men's model, where the men's is a bit grotesque, this one seems more subdued yet still out of the ordinary.

Not that this has anything to do with me, or what I started this thread about.

13. Likes JAGtime, FuzzyB, mlcor, CFR, Colin liked this post