Likes Likes:  26
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: New bond teaser

Quote Originally Posted by 93EXCivic View Post
    Not as good as Skyfall. There were some parts of Spectre I massively enjoyed but it just didn't seem to add up to the awesome movie I was hoping for.
    Saw it last night. ^ sums it up quite well.

Not sure what they were thinking with this one. It's as if they tried to stuff in as many Bond clichés as they could. Seems to me like they could cut out an hour and still have the same film.

A lot of the story made no sense to me - even for a Bond film - the Monica Bellucci scene, the luxury train in the middle of the African desert, Bond checking his weapon at the door of the evil lair, the meteorite, etc. I wish there was more development of Blofeld, and honestly I thought his character was very weak, not evil at all....

We saw that Daniel Craig was a co-producer on this, and I have to wonder if there were heads butting (with Mendes) with the direction of the film, because it did not seem well put together at all. Either way, I feel it's time for Mendes to pass the torch.
    Last edited by gnuyork; Nov 15, 2015 at 06:05 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Goldeneye was great!
    Goldeneye sucked. It was the worst of schlocky Bond married with the worst of 90s moviemaking. The only Brosnan movie worse than it was The World is not Enough, which had a script so full of bad innuendo, it must have been written by high teenagers.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Blog Entries
    My vote is still McAvoy or Elba.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Goldeneye sucked. It was the worst of schlocky Bond married with the worst of 90s moviemaking. The only Brosnan movie worse than it was The World is not Enough, which had a script so full of bad innuendo, it must have been written by high teenagers.
    Goldeneye had the redeeming feature of one of the greatest video games of all time though.

No Brosnan movie was worst then Die Another Day. That movie was ungodly terrible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Olma, Oris, Vostok, Casio, Smiths, Luch, Elgin, Fossil, Orient

IWL DIY, Restorations and Mods subforum

New bond teaser

I think my problem with Spectre was I was hoping for one the best Bond films ever and they had the cast to deliver. I mean Craig I think has been a brilliant Bond. Then you had Christoph Waltz and Andrew Scott as villains. The lack of development of those two characters I think was the greatest failure of the movie. They could have done so much more with that cast.

My vote is still McAvoy or Elba.
    Not sure about McAvoy but Elba would be an awesome choice.

Blog Entries
    Goldeneye had the redeeming feature of one of the greatest video games of all time though.

No Brosnan movie was worst then Die Another Day. That movie was ungodly terrible.

Ah, but Die Another Day had the redeeming feature of Rosamund Pike and Halle Berry. As much as I like Famke, she can't survive that 1-2 combo.

Blog Entries
    Not sure about McAvoy but Elba would be an awesome choice.

I'm telling you, the guy is good. He's a talented actor, and when I saw him in Welcome to the Punch, I was struck by how natural he looked with a gun.

I wonder if Idris Elba can clean up his accent enough to play Bond. I like the guy a lot, but I think he's a little too cockney, perhaps; he's as cockney as Geoff pretends to be. I loved the first couple episodes of Luther, shame it got so bad so quickly.

9. Likes geoffbot liked this post
    I'm telling you, the guy is good. He's a talented actor, and when I saw him in Welcome to the Punch, I was struck by how natural he looked with a gun.

I wonder if Idris Elba can clean up his accent enough to play Bond. I like the guy a lot, but I think he's a little too cockney, perhaps; he's as cockney as Geoff pretends to be. I loved the first couple episodes of Luther, shame it got so bad so quickly.
    I know McAvoy is a good actor but I am having a hard time imagining him as Bond.

I have only watched the first season of Luther and I really enjoyed it but haven't watched past that

Blog Entries
    I know McAvoy is a good actor but I am having a hard time imagining him as Bond.

I have only watched the first season of Luther and I really enjoyed it but haven't watched past that

The end of the first season really ruined it....the "twist" came out of nowhere and felt cheap because of it. Second season really suffered for it.