Likes Likes:  430
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Odd couples..lets see your cheapest watch you wear and most expensive.

Odd couples..lets see your cheapest watch you wear and most expensive.

In this hobby, there is no logic. You like what you like. Sometimes , a WIS will long for a certain piece. Something to reward themselves for an accomplishment, or a celebration. They reach deep inside their wallet for that piece they longed for. Its a love that will last much longer then the hurt of reaching deep inside that wallet to buy something they love the engineering and design for. Something they will pass down to their children. Something that will make their non WIS friends be like "you spent how much on a watch???" Other times, you find that little gem. Its kind of a goal, to find that cheap piece aka "the beater." The one you like to wear, its functional, comfortable, dependable and doesn't make you want to cry if you smash it into a door knob or drop it on pavement. Its sort of a liberating piece. A grab and go, then forget you have it on but then its there when you need it. The beater plays a significant role in any WIS collection. Lets see some odd coupling. Whats your most expensive watch and your cheapest watch. Not anything that sits in the box, something you wear and enjoy. Here's my odd couple.
    Rolex Explorer 2 and Casio MRW200H. The most expensive and coming in at sub 20 dollars the cheapest by far but a watch I enjoy wearing.
    Name:  IMG_0230.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  77.9 KBName:  IMG_0754.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  69.5 KB

Guess I can find a coincidence...

Name:  Rolex ExpW 29.JPG
Views: 896
Size:  396.3 KB

Name:  TISSOT_SPORT8.JPG
Views: 289
Size:  377.5 KB
    Last edited by CFR; Mar 30, 2015 at 02:40 AM.

Least expensive - a 1955 Pobeda.
    Most expenxive - a 1990's Ebel 134.
    Clearly, size matters.
    Name:  Pobeda_NATO.jpg
Views: 233
Size:  96.2 KBName:  Ebel134_3-23-2015.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  103.3 KB
    La lutte elle-même vers les sommets suffit à remplir un cœur d'homme; il faut imaginer Sisyphe heureux.

$30.00 G Shock

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

Most:
    Name:  Exp exp3 copy.jpg
Views: 250
Size:  102.6 KB

Least: difficult. I have no end of vintage watches I picked up free. When I visit my watchmakers, I often come out with old LED and LCD watches clinging to me like iron filings to a magnet. I guess the least expensive watch(es) I actually paid for, would be:

$10 each, NOS with original boxes and papers. One has since found a new home with a friend.
    I think I have a really cheap LCD watch around here somewhere, that I paid $3.95 for new at Woolworths in the 80's.

~Sherry.
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

MSRP or what I paid?

MSRP:

P1040687a by hankblanc, on Flickr

Most of my vintage pieces were expensive back in the day so least expensive may well be this:
    P1012247a by hankblanc, on Flickr

If it is what I paid,

This is the most expensive piece in my collection:
    P1013932 by hankblanc, on Flickr

This is my least expensive. This was given to me for free because of my existing Louis Rossel collection:

These 2 right now . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Least....

Most....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$5 1978 Timex
    Attachment 15429
    £500 60s Seamaster
    Attachment 15430
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Oh, if no one else is going to say it....
    Quote Originally Posted by uchinanchu View Post
    These 2 right now . . .
    ....so, which one's which?