Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post
I'd like a Sub. Love to have a 5513, but most likely go for 14060 due to being a nice compromise between vintage and new, plus it seems like the lowest priced version of these on the used market.

I also like the looks of the Chonoris with the black dial and recently have started looking closely at a Junghans Max Bill. Any deals that pop up on vintage Seiko would be hard to pass up. Incidentally I like the looks of the BB58, and also would like a 38mm Hamilton field watch (the no date one).

Will I grab any of these in 2019? I'm not sure. It depends.
The 5513 is a classic, to be sure. But I have to say that, for me, it's both a blessing and a curse. It's a blessing because it's a classic watch and I'd wanted one since I was about nine years old (Damn you, Mr Bond!). I got it when I was 49.
It's a curse because, like owning a Sixties Ford Mustang or E-Type Jaguar, parts are expensive. For me, anyway.
I'm wearing it now as I write this. Man, it's a beautiful watch, dammit!
However, if the lure of this watch wasn't so strong for me, a 14060 would have been my Plan B, and there were numerous times over the last forty years when I considered going for one, but I just knew that the itch for a 5513 would not fade away.
Still, if this Sub ever gets to the point where owning it becomes more trouble than it's worth, I'll replace it with a 14060.
Best of luck with your hunt, gnuyork.

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
No plans for me. There are three or four watches I’d love to have, but they’re all £15k plus, and that’s not going to happen.

Like Teeritz, I’m drawn to the BB58, but something would have to go to make a space for it and there’s nothing I want to lose.
I know the feeling. My collection is made up of a LOT of favourites at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
Only one watch in my sights for the foreseeable future.

If I manage to get one before the year ends, I’ll still count it as my 2019 purchase.
Ahh, yes, how could I forget the Black Bay GMT? This one was a serious contender for a while, but I'd read that the case was a tad thick. Something tells me it might look biggish on my 6.5 inch wrist. But if Tudor ever releases it in a 40mm case (or 39!), I'm in trouble. SAme with the Heritage Ranger. At 38mm, it would be damn near perfect.

And another watch that I'd love to snag at some point is a vintage Rolex 6694, preferably in this colour combo;

Because I'm a sucker for a silver-dial-with-gold-indices kind of vibe. And the DateJust look just positively screams 'classic Rolex watch' to me.

Some great watches you've all suggested, folks.