Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more smart a$$ watches

more smart a$$ watches

Pretty interesting video on BBC today.

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-32117444
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

The Breitling and Tissot look interesting....
    Eterna | Tudor | Seiko | Casio | G-Shock | Orient | Swatch | Mondaine | Zodiac (pre-Fossil) | Rolex | Wenger | Pulsar Time Computer | Omega | Timex | Bucherer | Citizen | Bulova | Glycine

Like the Tissot. Breitling, still not sure.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

When smart watches have all the of the features of a phone, are build like g shocks, can access your front door, have long battery lives, GPS sports trackers, nfc that can facilitate visa payments (and when ALL vendors accept them), I might consider one has a replacement for keys and wallet to wear on the other wrist opposite my mechanical watch (and solo when exercising), but otherwise I doubt it.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

5. Likes germy liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    When smart watches have all the of the features of a phone, are build like g shocks, can access your front door, have long battery lives, GPS sports trackers, nfc that can facilitate visa payments (and when ALL vendors accept them), I might consider one has a replacement for keys and wallet to wear on the other wrist opposite my mechanical watch (and solo when exercising), but otherwise I doubt it.

exactly my thoughts!

It sounded like the Tissot was an afterthought in that video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    B.-

Well said!

Which, let's face it, could be the next generation. Currently all of those techs bar one exist in a practical form which could be shoved into a watch. The battery problem could be kicked into touch by using supercapacitors with half the life again and recharge times of around thirty seconds for a watch. Sure they are still in the lab and graphene tech is just kicking off, but I bet it will not be long before we see graphene capacitors on the market.

When smart watches have all the of the features of a phone, are build like g shocks, can access your front door, have long battery lives, GPS sports trackers, nfc that can facilitate visa payments (and when ALL vendors accept them), I might consider one has a replacement for keys and wallet to wear on the other wrist opposite my mechanical watch (and solo when exercising),...
    AND a laser powerful enough to cut through a bank vault...

Till then, nope.

Blog Entries
    I have an electronic Bluetooth door lock for my front door. It sucks.

But anyway, I love my phone, but it is a piece of throwaway tech. Two years and I'll get a new one. I'm not spending thousands on a new watch every two years because it became outdated and no longer syncs to my phone. I don't want my $5-10,000 watch to end up looking like the Motorola Timeport cradle in my mother's old S Class.