Likes Likes:  40
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Well, that was annoying.

Well, that was annoying.

Over at my other internet home someone joined today and made a query about whether or not his Rado was a fake. It was one of the worst fakes of a modern Rado I have ever seen. Depending on how one wants to score, I counted at least 14 obvious errors. I can't even say for sure that it is genuinely based on a real model, though if you squint it could be a Florence variant. For some reason I was blunter in my response than I normally am. I had it in the back of my mind that I had seen a similar fake in the last day or two. Three minutes of searching turned up a thread at the place that shall remain nameless by someone with the same user name. Locked after three posts because it was established that it was fake.

I understand the desire to get a second opinion after only one or two responses, but here's the thing: Th guy that first brought up that it was a fake is the original poster himself. Why waste others time when he already figured out by himself that it is fake? I find that incredibly rude.

There, I'm better.
    Last edited by Henry Krinkle; Apr 1, 2015 at 01:40 AM.

2. Likes scottjc liked this post
    I've met these kind of persons in real life Sir... ether they just want to believe they score something or just plain fool.

4. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    It sounds like your gut figured something out about this individual before you realized you had seen this time-and-good faith waster before. That would be annoying, especially given how passionate and knowledgable you are about RADOs. If this individual shows up here, he will have the community and mods to answer to!

Jane

6. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    My presumption is that in situations like these the person with the watch knows it's a fake and is finding out how good a fake it is, so they then know who to pitch it to and for how much.

8. Likes is that my watch, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Sorry Henry - I'm confused: are you saying that you've been visiting another forum?!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by JAGtime View Post
    It sounds like your gut figured something out about this individual before you realized you had seen this time-and-good faith waster before. That would be annoying, especially given how passionate and knowledgable you are about RADOs. If this individual shows up here, he will have the community and mods to answer to!

Jane
    So there... take that!
    I have found that some people just like to hear themselves typing.

Friends Don't Let Friends Buy G-Schlocks.

Okay..., Charging Paddles... CLEAR!! BZZZZT... Another Thread Revived!

Every time God closes one door... I open a bottle of bourbon.

¹
    I'm Just Here For The Comic Relief. Nothing I Do or Say Needs to be Taken Seriously.

11. Likes JAGtime, Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Sorry Henry - I'm confused: are you saying that you've been visiting another forum?!
    Imagine an eyes darting furtively emoticon- Why...er....uh... I... I...I think the phone's ringing. I, uh, gotta go!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    My presumption is that in situations like these the person with the watch knows it's a fake and is finding out how good a fake it is, so they then know who to pitch it to and for how much.
    I could see that, but this fake is so bad that I can't imagine anyone putting in that effort when they had such horrific knock-off.

This quote came to mind after reading your post:

In view of the fact that God limited the intelligence of man, it seems unfair that He did not also limit his stupidity. - KONRAD ADENAUER

^^^^

Amen to that!
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

16. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post