Likes Likes:  3

Thread: **** lets talk vintage Seiko for a minute ****

**** lets talk vintage Seiko for a minute ****

Well I was thinking I don't really have a need for a simple classic dress watch, I'm a tool watch kinda guy always hands on so don't always think or get time to worry about taking my watch off before doing certain jobs .. so tend to go for watches that can take a knock and look good doing it and where a dink or a few adds to the watches tool look and give it a rough charm I suppose mad bad dangerous to know vibe even

But so was still thinking every one needs a dressy watch thou or that is a general whisper on forums and deep down it is always true I suppose so when I decide what is a dressy watch. the normally biggest feature is a large ish crystal and domed for easy impact onto pipes / walls and back of engines so ( when would I use it really ) but I love me a vintage watch most of my fears go when wearing them as my thought is if they have manged to last this long then they can take it ...

I started to look a little closer at my existing collection and had a few already (well one hardly gets worn in case of damage but I should really use it more and if it does get damaged then I know the guy who makes them I could probably source parts as easy as a p.m so yeah maybe should wear that one more )

Any way last night on deciding on what to wear for the next few days ? weeks ? ...

I picked a simple classical three handier which I guess is pretty dressy really simple elegant does the job no must no fuss so yeah think it can be my dress watch indeed ...

Got me thinking on the mine field that is vintage Seiko ..very hard to travel too .. the one I picked I thought I got it cheap . but pricing seems all over the place and on what model and mods can be whole another ball game very hard to pick right their. remember buying a mod 7002 I think it was I thought I got a decent price but on selling it a years or so later as just never really wore it.. it tanked

Be fun to see your vintage Seiko and your thought on them in general and how you go about getting yours as I find it needs a lot of home work to find the great bargains amongst all the other nice but not specials ones ..seems it a lot down to model codes and movements .. it can get quiet confusing when it comes to pricing ...

as always ismy

p.s was going to post this a few days back but just did not get chance am thinking of enlarging it to general Seiko vintage ish watches as watching something now not that am going to buy just that price can be good on certain models
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

2. Likes synequano liked this post
    take this one ...

1998 Seiko SQ100 watch 7N43-8001...

ok fairly modern but still good condition original box / bracelet can be had for £40 all in and is even open to offers shame it does not pop for me as would have snapped it up if if did
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

4. Likes synequano, popoki nui liked this post