Likes Likes:  171
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Your Perfect Three Watch Collection

Your Perfect Three Watch Collection

I have come to accept that until I die or run out of money I will keep accumulating watches. It is an addiction. However, there is another part of me thinks I should kick my habit, sell the majority of my watches, and go with a three-watch collection. Here would be my perfect three watch collection.

The first watch is one that I would want to wear everyday. I actually had a deposit on it and as some of you know was mistakenly sold to another customer by the AD. I have come to accept that it was a good thing. If I could break the mental barrier of downsizing and having that much money on my wrist, I would be happy to spend the rest of my life with this on my wrist. Vacheron Constantin Historiques Triple Calendar 1948
    Name:  Vacheron-Constantin-Historiques-Triple-Calendar-1948-Review-10.jpg
Views: 1444
Size:  44.4 KB

Watch Number 2:
    Patek Philippe Calatrava 5119J. My perfect dress watch. There is nothing I would change about it. In addition to how it looks on my wrist, I love owning it and wearing it.
    Name:  5119J_001_1.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  25.1 KB

Watch Number 3:
    I would want something on a bracelet for hot weather and when I am around water. I also would not want to baby it. As such, I would not want it to be that expensive. In my opinion, Grand Seiko make high end watches for a fraction of high end prices. I considered the Snowflake or the Golden Snowflake, but I prefer Hi-Beat over Spring Drive. I actually foolish (and when I was drunk) technically sold the final watch. However, it never left my possession and the sale was rescinded a little while later. The Grand Seiko SBGJ015. Just an amazing watch:

That is my perfect three-watch collection. Feel free to share yours.
    Last edited by TJMike5150; Jan 3, 2019 at 09:39 AM.

APRO, jlc mut 39, third spot hmmm maybe a panda daytona?

If happily take those available (the top 2) in either black or blue too. Or white.

Actually no I want the blue seconds hand

They're all mostly perfect (especially the jlc), water resistance notwithstanding. Especially the AP tut tut
    Last edited by geoffbot; Jan 3, 2019 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Actually...
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

3. Likes TJMike5150, Cybotron, synequano, JAGtime liked this post
    depends why you want to move the others on really mean my watch collection probably doesn't even cost one of your lower end ones but the same thought and feeling are felt I think ..

for me I had loads of low end watches I enjoy that aspect hugely having so much choice and buying a low price watch on a whim or just to tick if off a list of watches I wanted to try or found the history appealing or they was hens teeth watches and that was great for a long while ..

then one matures like with everything in life ( a few girls friends at once then turns into a wife ) so their is even a parallel their ... so now I have sold a lot of my watches their was two main reason on this a lot was not being used and I sudden started to feel the need to minimalise my collection and not just watches and wanted to empty my life of my clutter as it all became to me .

and secondly I could not afford a new watch with out selling some I had so it work out well in a way plus my taste and out looked change .. I choose that if I would not be happy to wear it out for what ever the reason it was no point in owning it ( apart from sentimental . gifts and the like ) so took a hard look at what I wanted and it was a smaller more define collection and over the last few years have been heading that way by up-selling ( sell a few to buy one or trade a few to get one ) always moving upwards ( apart from a few whim buys and my list of course - but those I know will probably lose on and or wont keep long )

So for me I will have two collections the rotation probably 8-10 ( but maybe getting less over time ) and the collection those that you just won't part with for what ever reason ( but this has a clause as some it just price you paid to what you will get now ) but some time if I really want a watch those will then get sold as taking a hit but I get something I really want numbs the pain some what so yes ...

FOR YOU do you want to downsize or do you think it some thing you should do ?
    would you miss them ? ( I can say honestly I don't really miss any I sold - was I happy at some of the prices they sold for no but when are we truly happy at a price our watches go for )

and how much would you lose and can you be prepared too lose .. as a rule no watch will make what you think it will some time they will surprise you but for the most part they will disappoint you ...

and also have you a set of watches in mind and if so do you think you could be truly happy with those ? ...

sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

What's your answer sorry ismy?! He set no price limits, just your 3 perfect watches.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

mine for now would be

Attached Images Attached Images   
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

7. Likes synequano, popoki nui, TigerDore liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    What's your answer sorry ismy?! He set no price limits, just your 3 perfect watches.
    never really look at the price point as so many different reasons for owning a watch as I stated but did say two that would be mine for now, the third hard call as there are bout 10 that could take that slot any given day so ..for me grails are a hard thing to do as if I know I can't afford something I would not bother looking so yeah got two that could be happy with maybe a luminox to fill the slot possible got two that could do it I suppose or myself build.. honest could not say if I had unlimited funds it would even change them they suit to me so price as I say does not really even come into the equation for me ...
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

9. Likes synequano liked this post

Your Perfect Three Watch Collection

If I sold three watches (Omega DeVille, JLC MUT Moon, ALS Saxonia) it would be a bloodbath. I estimate 30% of what I paid for them. Those funds would go towards the VC (already have the Patek and GS). It is not about the money, but missing the ones I sold (I would) and never buying another watch again. Watches are the only aspect of my life where I am not a minimalist.

I keep telling myself one more watch and that's it.

A three watch rotation would be tough but probably ideal for me down the road. It would be really tough to choose the perfect three but I may have something like this. I feel it's well balanced and a good mix of sporty and dressy.

Then again ask me this question 6 months from now and I'd probably have a different perfect 3.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    If I sold three watches (Omega DeVille, JLC MUT Moon, ALS Saxonia) it would be a bloodbath. I estimate 30% of what I paid for them. Those funds would go towards the VC (already have the Patek and GS). It is not about the money, but missing the ones I sold (I would) and never buying another watch again. Watches are the only aspect of my life where I am not a minimalist.
    Are you seriously considering selling those three? That would be one hell of a perfect three rotation.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by TJMike5150 View Post
    well yeah it's a hard call for me as enjoy surfing ebay for as a mate of mine would say tat but thats more I enjoy obscure not well know brands and also repairing watches so will always be buying those still but I never really class them as part of either of my collections ..

but over the last two or three years my out look as really change and some days think would be just happy with even one maybe as my watch then the others would be just passing through as been collection on and off since I was 14 so over 25 years probably more like closer to 30 years so suppose with time all things change
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

14. Likes TJMike5150, popoki nui liked this post