Likes Likes:  17,736
Page 990 of 1363 FirstFirst ... 490890940980988989990991992100010401090 ... LastLast
Results 9,891 to 9,900 of 13624

Thread: Random watch thread 2

Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Blog Entries
    Little thing I noticed; my BB GMT is incredibly accurate. I’ve not set it since I bought it, which was in the beginning of July, July 1st, I believe. In that time, it’s lost 18 seconds. My Submariner is currently 3 minutes ahead (although, I have no idea the last time I set it, must have been at least a year ago) and in two weeks, my SM300 is +12. I mean, the accuracy of these obsolete mechanical anachronisms is fantastic. I’m so impressed by these watches. -18 seconds over a period of, what, 108 days? An average loss of 0.16spd? I’d prefer it run fast, but I’m still completely over the moon with this watch. Goes to show you, you pine after a watch for a long, long time, do your research, make sure it’s something you really want, and you won’t be disappointed! Most of the time, anyway.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

3. Likes skywatch, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Little thing I noticed; my BB GMT is incredibly accurate. I’ve not set it since I bought it, which was in the beginning of July, July 1st, I believe. In that time, it’s lost 18 seconds. My Submariner is currently 3 minutes ahead (although, I have no idea the last time I set it, must have been at least a year ago) and in two weeks, my SM300 is +12. I mean, the accuracy of these obsolete mechanical anachronisms is fantastic. I’m so impressed by these watches. -18 seconds over a period of, what, 108 days? An average loss of 0.16spd? I’d prefer it run fast, but I’m still completely over the moon with this watch. Goes to show you, you pine after a watch for a long, long time, do your research, make sure it’s something you really want, and you won’t be disappointed! Most of the time, anyway.
    Both my BB GMT and BB 41 are extremely accurate. They were dead on to +1 sec the last time I threw them on the time grapher.

5. Likes Raza, hayday liked this post

Blog Entries
    Wow, that is stunning. Luckily it’s too small for me and has those hands, otherwise, I would probably have had to buy it.

8. Likes rodia77, Mediocre liked this post
    Bremont Longitude and their newly self-manufactured (by weight) Horage movement. Bull or bear?

Name:  Screenshot_20211020-193212.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  58.5 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20211020-193126.jpg
Views: 151
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  Screenshot_20211020-200159.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  32.7 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20211020-200116.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  46.1 KB

It gets them silicon and a slightly longer PR which is good.
    I generally like the designs they produce, which is good.
    They were properly transparent with their sourcing this time, which is good.

But listening to the English brothers and media talk about them as the second coming of John Harrison makes me want to vomit. They make 4 plates/bridges and can't even electroplate them in the UK...

And for reference the only way Horage will license the movement is if a company buys some of their manufacturing IP too.

10. Likes happyscrappyheropup, Mediocre, hayday liked this post
    I guess this watch marks the development of their (impressive) manufacturing centre.

They seem to be thriving, and I don’t doubt their seriousness in wanting to do their bit for British watchmaking.

I wish them well, even if I can’t embrace them. As a Brit, I have too strong a bias in favour of Switzerland and Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Wow, that is stunning. Luckily it’s too small for me and has those hands, otherwise, I would probably have had to buy it.
    The 18mm lug width kills it for me.

13. Likes Raza liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by happyscrappyheropup View Post
    The 18mm lug width kills it for me.
    Is it a strap availability thing? For 38mm, I feel that 18mm is the best. It’s half the lug width rounded down to the lowest even number. To my eye, that’s generally the best proportion for strap width to case width.

The bremont isn't in house and costs like 15k. Nope.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

16. Likes hayday, Mediocre liked this post