Likes Likes:  9,912
Page 658 of 671 FirstFirst ... 158558608648656657658659660668 ... LastLast
Results 6,571 to 6,580 of 6708

Thread: Random watch thread 2

2. Likes Dutchman72, Greg, wschofield3 liked this post

4. Likes wschofield3, OhDark30 liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    What the hell inspired them to put the date there? It’s the worst of 3 o’clock date (losing a marker, asymmetrical) and the worst of a 4:30 date (slanted, asymmetrical) put together.

I have to believe at this point Grand Seiko willfully ruins their watches with design points like this and their insistence on power reserves on everything.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

Never seen one like this before...
    Name:  kelek.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  74.9 KB

Currently on eBay with about 1½ hours to go; $1500 and rising....
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

7. Likes tribe125, is that my watch liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    What the hell inspired them to put the date there? It’s the worst of 3 o’clock date (losing a marker, asymmetrical) and the worst of a 4:30 date (slanted, asymmetrical) put together.

I have to believe at this point Grand Seiko willfully ruins their watches with design points like this and their insistence on power reserves on everything.
    The date is fine and plays well with the crown. I don't like the PR indicator squeezed in between the markers, though.
    I'm sorted and so not buying any more watches.

Compared with every other Grand Seiko GMT I’ve seen (many of them gorgeous), this one looks very compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Never seen one like this before...
    Name:  kelek.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  74.9 KB

Currently on eBay with about 1½ hours to go; $1500 and rising....
    yeah by elgin so guess might do more like 2k maybe two and a half

http://www.crazywatches.pl/kelek-ten...ronograph-1975

KELEK TENOR DORLY 1376 JUMP HOUR AUTOMATIC CHRONOGRAPH 1975

This is likely the first in the World jump hour chronograph by Kelek SA aka Société Jean-Raoul-Gorgerat Kelek SA (or JRGK SA in short). Kelek didn't really develop watches but used ebauches movements and had them modified. This chronograph which was the smallest in its day is very collectible and very hard to find with most found with Waltham branding. It is based on a plain but robust TD1393 calibre by Tenor-Dorly known for cool and quality jump hours from the 1970's. The build is modular with the chronograph section subcontracted to Dubois-Depraz which also created the chrono module for the most famous Heuer/Breitling 'Chronomatic'.
    If you compare the standard TD1393 calibre with this TD1376 you might not even notice the difference at first sight to indicate that this is a stop watch. The front side however shows a seconds pinion in the very center and a minute-totalizer pinion at 11. The back side has had the automatic winding gears and oscillating weight raised from the base movement and the chronograph section fitted somewhat in between. It works and is reliable although it is just not breathtaking like some other vintage chronographs. I wonder how a bullet-proof A.Schild jump hour calibre would look like with a chrono function added As I could not find any manuals for this calibre it took me a while to approach it from the inside. Finally I made this step so please enjoy a few pictures of the gutted movement.
    The chrono module of basic construction consists of two layers sandwiched in between three plates. Disassembly is not difficult and must be sequenced properly with focus on releasing the springs. The technical terms applied might not be fully correct but the hammers, clutch levers and heart-shaped reset wheels can be easily observed and analyzed. I hope these shots will be very useful for the future to check proper alignment of all the vital parts. The issue I had was that the minute-recorder was advancing despite not being activated. I thought that it's a problem with an intermediate pinion-gear that is driven by the mainspring-barrel. But in the end after a full strip the solution was super simple and required adjustment of a spring that locks the minute-recording brake - shown in the left picture next to the balance jewel.

Last edited by is that my watch; May 23, 2020 at 05:40 PM.
    one night I dreamed I was locked in my fathers watch, with Ptolemy and twenty one ruby stars mounted on spheres and the primum mobile coiled and gleaming to the end of space and the notched spheres eating each other's rinds to the last tooth of time and the case closed - John Ciardi ...

https://emgwatches.com/
    http://www.instagram.com/iyonk_strap/
    http://wristwatchreview.co.uk/

ЖИЗНЬ НЕ ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕТСЯ, ПРОХОДИТ ТОЛЬКО ВРЕМЯ.
    Russian Watches

11. Likes crownpuller, Greg liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Ah. Eddie's now posted real pics.

Name:  navigator3.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  32.5 KBName:  navigator1.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  34.1 KB

13. Likes crownpuller, Greg, hayday liked this post
    I don't think I'll ever come to terms with these hour hands.
    I'm sorted and so not buying any more watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Strela167 View Post
    Ah. Eddie's now posted real pics.

Name:  navigator3.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  32.5 KBName:  navigator1.jpg
Views: 37
Size:  34.1 KB
    Oh boy !.... I'm just going to keep telling myself: "The minute hand is too long!"
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.