Likes Likes:  17,791
Page 13 of 1367 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523631135131013 ... LastLast

Thread: Random watch thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    But surely anyone who cares enough about watches to notice what you are wearing would be able to tell the difference?
    Fair point, but it's as much for me as everyone else. More so even!
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post

Which one wears it best?
    Yeah, this clearly has that Victorinox feel

This whole group think/now we must all thrash AP is so tiresome. Every one trying to one-up the other with a cleverer take down.

Makes one wonder how it would've sounded if social media existed in - 72 when the RO came out.

3. Likes tribe125, hayday, geoffbot, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    That's a very good question, Ismy.

This is hard to theorize so, I'm not arguing, just wondering:

1. If we go back, let's say to the 50s or to the 60s, aren't most design languages replicating the same elements? If we take a three hander from Zenith, UG, Omega or Longines, for example, don't they look pretty much the same? Isn't that a practical way to date a certain piece?

2. It's impossible to deny the growing attention pieces with a vintage vibe are getting today, and not only in the watch world. We know most of those so called vintage elements - despite many of them being pure culturally induced constructions - are sought after today.

3. Or maybe - just maybe - we're following this industry for so long, we start to become too hard to please? Did we loose our own ability to wonder?

Just wondering...
    thats is sorta re- firming my point until their is some new way to tell time happens will we just keep repeating the same design over and over so they get diluted down to blah in the end and just a name / precious metal / stones sells them ...

look at when the quartz came in all those little swiss company's went under it was the survival of the fits / better quality now until some thing takes quartz over as the new best thing we are stagnating again ... the apple watch and the like have done the same to some degree on fashion brands as they have a higher sale rate then some of the fashion brands now ...

but can't see it lasting over mechs or even quartz as having to charge it up takes longer then a wind up or battery swap and how long does the battery last before they don't hold a charge or how expensive / easy to replace ?

so just getting old I suppose and looking at the bigger picture maybe ... and quality last ..how else do I have some watches that are over a hundred years old and still going ...can't see the same being said for modern ones ....
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

5. Likes CFR, synequano liked this post
    Ming 1902 Worldtimer. Not bad

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

Hmm.
    These kaleidoscopic effects don't help but in the glimpses where it's visible, the watch doesn't look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post

CHF10k?

I like the style but I'd like to see it without the crosshair. To not leave the middle completely empty, the whole centre could rotate as a disc with one diagonal hairline marking the 24h arrow.

Still mildly obsessed with these -

Name:  8F1B529E-432F-4142-9375-A03A0D25D5EB.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  65.5 KB

We can thank Le Corbusier for the blue-grey colour, apparently.

10. Likes Strela167, FuzzyB, CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post

Pretty movement. Not sure about the stuff printed on the top of the crystal. Definitely sure I couldn’t read the teeny tiny city abbreviations.

Kinda like the all black

Cheers,

Richard

13. Likes rodia77, synequano liked this post

15. Likes CFR, synequano, yokied, Raza, Sedi liked this post