Likes Likes:  17,755
Page 1354 of 1364 FirstFirst ... 35485412541304134413521353135413551356 ... LastLast
Results 13,531 to 13,540 of 13635

Thread: Random watch thread 2

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GaryF View Post
    I prefer the rose gold/white dial but, still, it's special. The idea that someone hand-painted that dial is incredible to someone who dabbled with Airfix as a kid.
    I’m sure it takes a level of mastery of craft which most people will never attain to make a watch like that, but it doesn’t appeal to me at all. Other than my initial impression that it has a real Middle East oil billionaire vibe, it’s just a design that doesn’t catch my eye. I’ve grown more fond of dress watches over the years than I used to be, but these Credors are just boring to me. I’d rather have something like a Patek Calatrava 6119R or Grand Seiko SBGW260 or, of course, the Rolex 1908. Now, I’m sure someone will correct me and tell me that none of those watches are built to the standard of the Credor and while that may be true, their designs make them more attractive options to me than the Credor. I don’t know what it is, but something about it is just so bleeding boring.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

2. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    I’m sure it takes a level of mastery of craft which most people will never attain to make a watch like that, but it doesn’t appeal to me at all. Other than my initial impression that it has a real Middle East oil billionaire vibe, it’s just a design that doesn’t catch my eye. I’ve grown more fond of dress watches over the years than I used to be, but these Credors are just boring to me. I’d rather have something like a Patek Calatrava 6119R or Grand Seiko SBGW260 or, of course, the Rolex 1908. Now, I’m sure someone will correct me and tell me that none of those watches are built to the standard of the Credor and while that may be true, their designs make them more attractive options to me than the Credor. I don’t know what it is, but something about it is just so bleeding boring.
    You might find mine less boring IRL. Just saying…

4. Likes Raza, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Don’t forget that Raza is a resteless youngster, who doesn’t appreciate same things as we more matured ones. 🥸

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    You might find mine less boring IRL. Just saying…

6. Likes mlcor, Samanator, Raza, Cybotron, hayday liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasio View Post
    Don’t forget that Raza is a resteless youngster, who doesn’t appreciate same things as we more matured ones. 兩

8. Likes Samanator, hayday, Cybotron liked this post

Retro tastic! Love a heritage rehash.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...formula-1-kith

Just... not this one. Hard pass from me.
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

12. Likes Cybotron, Mediocre liked this post

https://monochrome-watches.com/introducing-new-formex-essence-39-space-automatic-chronometer-gold-golden-meteorite-dial-value-proposition-specs-price/
    Cheers,

Richard

14. Likes hayday, Mediocre, happyscrappyheropup liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Retro tastic! Love a heritage rehash.

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/th...formula-1-kith

Just... not this one. Hard pass from me.

I had one of those - all red. A Christmas present from my wife, bought in Harrods.

16. Likes Sonork liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post

https://monochrome-watches.com/introducing-new-formex-essence-39-space-automatic-chronometer-gold-golden-meteorite-dial-value-proposition-specs-price/

Formex has nailed it with the Essence. It feels like a thoroughbred and expert company to me.

18. Likes Mediocre liked this post