Likes Likes:  17,533
Page 226 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 1261762162242252262272282362763267261226 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,260 of 13482

Thread: Random watch thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    It's a shame what happened to this brand. They made a comeback but then all of a sudden their stock was all over the grey market. Thousands of AD's just couldn't sell them. They do make a solid watch with GP quality at the fraction of the price.

The last I heard was they were looking to revamp and relaunch the brand. I don't see it happening though since sales were poor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

2. Likes CFR liked this post
    Well, I knew them from the modern aqua/terra/aero-scope series, which afaik were gathering favourable reviews. The designs aren't bad, but the sizes...

4. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    GS SBGE248. Steel with 18k gold bezel, crown, 44x14.7mm, 12k. They're coming.

Yow. Not only is it not nice looking, that date window, the price....if I were in the mood for a two-tone GMT, all of a sudden the Everose CHNR GMT II at $14,050 looks incredibly reasonable in comparison.

Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

6. Likes CFR, synequano, Cybotron, Fantasio liked this post
    I think the cushion cased JRs are nicely finished and comfortable to wear,however the brand doesn’t get traction from the general public and watch lovers...

8. Likes Cybotron, CFR liked this post
    New brand from Poland

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Cheers,

Richard

10. Likes synequano liked this post
    I live in Poland for some of the year, I’m sympathetic to Polish things, but no...

I wouldn’t start a ‘Shakespeare’ watch brand with model names like ‘Hamlet’.

Maybe there’s a market for these, but I can’t see it.

Nice balance wheel

C'est tout
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

13. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    At 12k with a wonky date window - They'll not be coming anywhere near me, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Way over priced. These models and the chronographs are big misses in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Yow. Not only is it not nice looking, that date window, the price....if I were in the mood for a two-tone GMT, all of a sudden the Everose CHNR GMT II at $14,050 looks incredibly reasonable in comparison.
    I agree these are a bit of a miss and very overpriced in comparison to everything, but especially their own lineup. GS are coming into this space whether we - and they - are ready or not. I would love to know what research they have that suggests all these divers and GMTs should be 44mm and 14mm thick.

The date window is actually alright by me. I'd take that over cyclops.

I think current GS is delusional with their pricing,they want to break through the 10k+ market but I still think that their brand cache isn’t that strong enough.....I spoke to a Japanese dealer earlier this year and they said usually the person who buys GS (new and pre owned) are mainly Japanese who are driven by their patriotism (and their love for details plus the hierarchical spirit in Japanese corporations) as the price put the brand directly against the Swiss brands like Omega,Rolex (their model is close to DJ) and German brands like GO

Quote Originally Posted by synequano View Post
    I think the cushion cased JRs are nicely finished and comfortable to wear,however the brand doesn’t get traction from the general public and watch lovers...
    I don’t think a full (first and last) name belongs on a watch dial (just like Christopher wotsit )

(One exception mebbe is ultra high end stuff - but then I couldn’t care less anyway )

Show me a main stream watch brand that sells well and has a person’s name on it (real or fabricated)

I think surnames work (just cos) , but someone’s full name ......

Furthermore - in this particular example ..... Highlands ?!?!?!

What the feck is all that about????

They wiped value off with the brand name, then further spoiled it with a shit model name
    Last edited by Seriously; Jul 13, 2019 at 03:14 PM.
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869