Likes Likes:  17,530
Page 413 of 1349 FirstFirst ... 313363403411412413414415423463513913 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,130 of 13482

Thread: Random watch thread 2

Cathedral hands are not my favorite but nothing wrong with this one in my opinion.

Name:  Zenith-Pilot-Type-20-Extra-Special-0977.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  72.8 KB
    Cheers,

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Cathedral hands are not my favorite but nothing wrong with this one in my opinion.

Name:  Zenith-Pilot-Type-20-Extra-Special-0977.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  72.8 KB
    Yeah that, as long as we’re talking the 40mm and not the larger ones....
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

3. Likes Cybotron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    This was the nicest I ever had -
    That's a fairly cohesive dial and handset combination in muted greys. The issues I have with cathedral hands, apart from looking like some horological tribute to St Basil's Cathedral in Moscow, is that they're often put on very busy, colourful dials where they don't fit in and are asked to do too much work to coordinate the whole show. Like the Seiko Alpinist. I could kill that thing all day long, starting with the non-existent relationship between the hands and the indices.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybotron View Post
    Cathedral hands are not my favorite but nothing wrong with this one in my opinion. ... Decent Zenith
    So the Zenith is a similar story to tribe's Tutima. Muted greys, cohesive, and the cathedral hands here are shaped much more sleekly than the standard St Basil's variety.

Don't get me wrong. I love St Basil's, but if anyone should be using them, it's Vostok in another one of their awesome designs from a parallel dimension. Not too many others should tread there.

5. Likes Seriously liked this post
    Name:  Naamloos-1.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  46.7 KB
    Watches for SALE:
    <PRICE REDUCED> Nivrel 322 Black Dial: http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...869#post447869

7. Likes yokied, synequano liked this post
    I'd stick with an Overseas.

Name:  Vacheron-Constantin-Traditionnelle-Catcher-of-Time-Limited-Edition-mens-model-6.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  56.5 KB

Name:  Vacheron-Constantin-Traditionnelle-Catcher-of-Time-Limited-Edition-ladies-model-4.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  50.1 KB
    Cheers,

Richard

9. Likes CFR, Seriously, hayday, synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Cathedral hands are by far the worst handset I've ever seen. I will not buy a watch that has them.
    Who would expect such a dramatic turn of events.

11. Likes Raza liked this post

would have had this but £30 quid in post just no way
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

13. Likes synequano liked this post
    so got to swap out the recharge battery on the old ssc any ideas which one it takes ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Yeah that, as long as we’re talking the 40mm and not the larger ones....
    See to me that watch just doesn’t work in the 40. Made to be big and small second. And never in bronze. I’ll never understand a bronze pilot watch regardless of who makes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

16. Likes Seriously, Cybotron liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Samanator View Post
    See to me that watch just doesn’t work in the 40. Made to be big and small second. And never in bronze. I’ll never understand a bronze pilot watch regardless of who makes it.
    Having never actually strapped either to my wrist I shouldn't dismiss either,( although once I did get to the opposite side of a jewellers window to see them 12 inches away)
    Watches for SALE: