Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gearing Up for A Trip

G-Shock & Digital Moderator Kronos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Gearing Up for A Trip

Starting to pack for a trip to Barcelona with the family. Unlike normal people, I am spending time, as always, trying to determine what watches (and pens and electronics) to bring. The electronics are at least somewhat "legit"; I will clearly have to put in some work hours over there.

I am going to try to curb my normal watch obsessiveness and maybe only bring two. One of the two will certainly be a G-Shock -- perhaps both of them will be. The GW-2500 and old style G-2300 have usually been among my "go to" watches for travel. Just for the sake of variety, I am toying with the idea of bringing an analog "GMT" watch to switch things up a bit while still being able to see two time zones.

I have a couple of Explorer II homages. I will have to look and see what other GMT analogs are around.

As always, suggestions are gratefully received (although not necessarily followed).

While I'm at it, are there watch things not to miss in Barcelona and its environs?

Thanks.

BCN is a great place to be with cool friendly people. Good food. There must be good craftbeer bars, but I don't know them. A must see (imho) is Parc Guell (I hope I spelled it right). For G-Shocks, sneakers and tees (Stüssy, Rockwell by Parra) try 24 Kilates near the harbour.

Cheers,

Sjors

Blog Entries
    Thanks! Great to "see" you....

Less is more when traveling for me. I used to spend way too much time obsessing over which watches, pocketknives, flashlights, shoes, etc. to take on vacation. I now try to pick a couple of each with a quick decision and thats it, no re-thinking the decision. Sometimes easier said than done but much less stress and usually no regrets.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.

5. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Less is more when traveling for me. I used to spend way too much time obsessing over which watches, pocketknives, flashlights, shoes, etc. to take on vacation. I now try to pick a couple of each with a quick decision and thats it, no re-thinking the decision. Sometimes easier said than done but much less stress and usually no regrets.

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
    Thanks. I am trying to get there. Half the time (particularly with pens, lights, etc.) I don't use half of what I bringI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I am starting to think GW-2500; GA-100 or GA-1000, and an inexpensive analog GMT (either the Alpha or the Invicta Explorer II "homages").

I get nervous about bringing too many watches fearing they'll get "lost" in transit or swiped from me somehow. I usually just rock a simpler g-shock but one with city codes to make switching time zones easily. It sounds like I go to sketchy places....
    Neil

Thats the watch i used on the last trip.
    I dont haul knives and alike on trip because i dont want to discuss with customs and security....
    Anyhow, this watch let me feel like a world traveller!

10. Likes iyonk, Kronos, Rocat liked this post
    just bring the most comfy one with world time feature... and the rest for recreational..

for ex: a G-shock GW2310, an Aviator analoq G for legibility, and maybe a seiko monster for visiting water recreational places, beach and so on..

if i can bring 3 watches on vacation, they will be : a square screwback G (or any square will do), a seiko monster and a cheap casio mrw-200 or dw-290 on nylon strap for back up.

goodluck on your vacation kronos! have a save trip -- may you and your family have the best time!

G-7710

3 simultaneous time zones, among it's unique features

13. Likes iyonk, Kronos liked this post