Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: **** Vintage quartz omega - Which would you go for ****

**** Vintage quartz omega - Which would you go for ****

Well been selling off some watches and have a decent watch fund at the minute could spend it all on one watch but have not A) found one to wow me enough and B) not sure I would want to wear it as if damage it, it's like throwing your money down the drain or heft cost to repair.. I seem comfortable spend steinhart prices as will wear and enjoy that so thats where I am looking price wise so say roughly £200 - £300 their is more if needed but would have to be special to go their ( if crownpuller has anything -like last time might make it a lot easier and quicker )

So vintage and after getting my quartz hybrid rado ( paid more then some rado mech I have bought ) I decide that think I would go quartz as just easier and cheaper to maintain .. the title says omega but can be other brands too as looking at seiko gs quartzs and king quartz I missed out on one it turn out the price it sold was still decent was just a mate scored one half the starting price ..but suppose that can happen if you are in the right place at the right time .. so as I said kicking myself there ..

Specs we are looking for
    vintage / retro say anything before hmmm late 90's
    quartz / hybrid electron anything a bit special and not the norm dialtron any of the 70's era experimental stuff would be great ..
    3 hander classical ..but if possible still toolish ( think strong looking durable )
    price £200-£300
    ??

Can't think of anything else at the minute will edit if do have include a few pics of the stuff I had in mind ... oh rado .tissort ,Bulova, any of the established vintage names could be worth a shot...

As always Ismy
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

Choice looks a bit limited in your price bracket.

This one caught my eye, but I’ve no idea whether it represents good value.

Name:  A228D31D-5AF8-43A8-98CA-D2BA88F9ECE3.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  50.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Choice looks a bit limited in your price bracket.

This one caught my eye, but I’ve no idea whether it represents good value.

Name:  A228D31D-5AF8-43A8-98CA-D2BA88F9ECE3.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  50.4 KB
    well if pushed could go to £500 but that would be getting out of my comfort zone ...

yes was looking at that range but the logo always put me off suppose to be the crystals that are used in it ..but it always looked like meat and two veg to me
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy

plus prefer uk or at least Europe ..going to japan,Korea .Canada ,america seem like a lot of post cost plus vat plus trouble if any issues.. so was hoping the closer the better
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

this one ant bad

Omega 7 Jewels Caliber 1342 Quartz Movement

Stainless Steel Back case, 192.0036

sharky
    rest easy good buddy

6. Likes ctimrun, gnuyork liked this post
    or this but they want way to much with the replacement crown on it which they are not even mentioning you wonder what else is replaced
    not sure on make and model for this one ?
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Both these brands have glorious histories, but they have put out a lot of very ordinary stuff too. Normally, I tend towards Omega but Seiko has them well covered in this period, their peak IMHO.

my choice albeit £500ish would most definitely go for a pre bond seamaster 200 -great watch that at that price has bottomed out and prob won't devalue any further Name:  e2d5b808-321c-4b0b-b5ac-644777e5c415.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  43.0 KB

10. Likes tribe125 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by yokied View Post
    Both these brands have glorious histories, but they have put out a lot of very ordinary stuff too. Normally, I tend towards Omega but Seiko has them well covered in this period, their peak IMHO.
    yeah fancied having a omega in my bunch it's just finding the right one as lot more cash you are punting with on a omega and just not as sure on them as say rado and I know little on rado if you get my meaning .. so could end up with a right junker that looks pretty ...

would any member know if it is true that with the omega Cal 1481 is true that there are usually quick set issues with the vintage ones as one am looking at getting all the right feeling but the date works when the hands go round but not on the quick set option ?? apparently this is pretty much the norm for this cal ? ? and also how much would it affect price as I would be looking at half what they are wanting with this fault but seem would they take it ? ? as think fair with the issues ... but is it ?? don't want to show listing of course

but as I say other brands are welcome it their is something special about them and have a bit of affordable but still quality about them
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy

Quote Originally Posted by shameless View Post
    my choice albeit £500ish would most definitely go for a pre bond seamaster 200 -great watch that at that price has bottomed out and prob won't devalue any further Name:  e2d5b808-321c-4b0b-b5ac-644777e5c415.jpg
Views: 278
Size:  43.0 KB
    yes was an option I was looking at and even contemplated a bit more to go a bit newer in quartz but as I said don't know if that would be out my comfort zone as ..I want to try and buy watches that I will actively wear...

had some that was worn like a hand full of times in a couple of years so don't want that to happen again ..so got to feel comfortable about wearing and using them ...
    sharky
    rest easy good buddy