Likes Likes:  82
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Handwriting? Show yours.

Hybrid View

Handwriting? Show yours.

Just coming from the Members Mugshot thread....

No doubt, handwriting is/has been declining like crazy, not just grammar.

Statius posted a drawing / writing by one of his students, and it is really notable as an exemplar of this down-going phenom.

Me too! I write like crap now! I used to write with some degree of elegance when I was a student. Now? Barely hanging on.

This is mine:

Name:  2015-04-03 11.54.44.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  18.0 KB

A quick search reveals we don't seem to have a pens thread
    How about yer handwriting and wot you scrawled it with?
    (my excuse for lack of handwriting - it's 0525 here and I'm in bed)
    It's the final countdown! PM me before they're all gone!

Quote Originally Posted by OhDark30 View Post
    A quick search reveals we don't seem to have a pens thread
    How about yer handwriting and wot you scrawled it with?
    (my excuse for lack of handwriting - it's 0525 here and I'm in bed)
    your right but Dan r one of the mods does a good read on his blog about them worth a look and read

and oh with my dyslexic there more chance I will dance on the moon then right some thing here haha

I do believe that you can read a lot about some one in there writing
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

I will try to embarrass myself tomorrow. My handwriting is atrocious. I honestly don't even remember how to do some of the letters.
    Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

5. Likes muddy250 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    I will try to embarrass myself tomorrow. My handwriting is atrocious. I honestly don't even remember how to do some of the letters.
    I find myself pausing, almost stuck, when writing sometimes, as if my brain cannot remember how to form a letter. The other thing I do is start a word with the second letter and have to go back to add the first. Worrying!
    Chris
    Ω Seamaster3

Quote Originally Posted by muddy250 View Post
    The other thing I do is start a word with the second letter and have to go back to add the first. Worrying!
    lol do that all the time mate special with the silence stuff like ... knife ..know... etc etc
    sharky
    one of the most original good guys their was never anything but a true friend "the daito to my shoto"
    rest easy good buddy
    https://gofund.me/eb610af1

8. Likes muddy250 liked this post
    Mine is really appalling, to the extent that I often write in capitals just so I'll be able to read it.

Pen wise the examples above (blue ink) were written with a Lamy Safari (the white one below). I love the Safari, kind of the Swatch of the pen world, cheap and functional and fun.
    I also have a Faber-Castell something or other with a lovely parquet style case which doesn't really show up in the photo.
    Aside from those I tend to carry a mini Sharpie for leaving emphatic notes for people, a Pentel Smash pencil (JDM!) and a Papermate biro.

The Faber-Castell made it on to one of my book covers too
    Last edited by whatmeworry; Apr 3, 2015 at 08:05 AM.

That's a fine example of Arabic.

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post

Semper Ubi Sub Ubi

11. Likes whatmeworry, Chronopolitano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post

Missed career opportunity - Doctor Whatmeworry , almost readable in parts..... but then quickly fades away to complete illegibility in front of of you, as you progress through the sentence

Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Missed career opportunity - Doctor Whatmeworry , almost readable in parts..... but then quickly fades away to complete illegibility in front of of you, as you progress through the sentence
    I get that a lot at work, or "is that shorthand?"