Likes Likes:  29
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Did you quit smoking? Are there any vapers here?

Did you quit smoking? Are there any vapers here?

Oh yeah! 9 months without a single cigarette! Vaping is so much more fun. I use a few different units.
    Batteries: Eleaf Istick 20w, MVP 2 (11w)and MVP 3(30w), Vamo 5 (15w)
    Tanks: a few Aspire for cig like draw. And great flavor. Kanger Aerotank mini and giant plus Nautilus mini for bigger clouds. And i have a Lemo 2 on preorder for even bigger clouds! It's going to be my first sub ohm and RDA. Making my own coils will add some fun!

I started with 5mg nic and now mix it with 0mg to lower the level.

Vaping really works for me and the beauty of it, is that i feel like i never quit smoking.

Smoking stinks and i really don't miss it. I much more enjoy trying different ejuices.

Sent from my phone
    Last edited by DM71; Apr 4, 2015 at 07:10 PM.
    ~Daniel~

2. Likes I-B liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by DM71 View Post
    Oh yeah! 9 months without a single cigarette! Vaping is so much more fun. I use a few different units.
    Batteries: Eleaf Istick 20w, MVP 2 (11w)and MVP 3(30w), Vamo 5 (15w)
    Tanks: a few Aspire for cig like draw. And great flavor. Kanger Aerotank mini and giant plus Nautilus mini for bigger clouds. And i have a Lemo 2 on preorder for even bigger clouds! It's going to be my first sub ohm and RDA. Making my own coils will add some fun!

I started with 5mg nic and now mix it with 0mg to lower the level.

Vaping really works for me and the beauty of it, is that i feel like i never quit smoking.

Smoking stinks and i really don't miss it. I much more enjoy trying different ejuices.

Sent from my phone
    Going strong! I'm curious about that coilmaking and how you will like it. I like my sub-ohm tank a lot, the Melo was the cheapest untill that eGo one came out. Here we can only buy our stuff online since there are no physical stores where i live. Also the rules are getting tighter and tighter, for example, in Holland 30ml juicebottles are now prohibited. Good thing my gouvernement is not the brightest since the fascists took over the power here, cos else they would tax the crap out of it...

*edit*
    i forgot, grimmgreen has just posted a sneakpreview about the lemo2 on youtube and he gave it good comment

Smoker for 10 years here. Quit last year for 5 months then I picked it up again. Quitting went without major pain but man, I like to smoke so bad. Planning on quitting again this month hopefully for good. I just installed Strava and I really want to get some KOMs around here but my lungs are holding me back. .

Now that's a good reason to quit, the money, aside from the obvious health reasons. Even us smokers know better, but yet... They cost about $4.50 usd here in Northern California. Too cheap really, maybe if they went up in price it would be more incentive to quit. The biggest problem is, of course, I enjoy it. I've wanted to try one of the eCigs or vapes, but there are so many options, I honestly don't know where to start.
    Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    Yes, and yes.
    Been just over a year since I smoked a cigarette.
    Nothing fancy for me; just an 'EVOD VV' and 'NUCIG' clearomizers. Tried lots of different 'mods' and tanks (waste of money, really !); but went back to basics when I concluded it's the juice that makes or breaks it.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I bought this (albeit a little prematurely ) with the savings I've made:
    Attachment 15964

6. Likes crownpuller liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by cabfrank View Post
    The biggest problem is, of course, I enjoy it. I've wanted to try one of the eCigs or vapes, but there are so many options, I honestly don't know where to start.
    start by watching some reviews on youtube, guys and gals like
    -Indoorsmokers
    -Tia Vapes
    -Pbusardo
    -GrimmGreen
    -Rib Trippers
    -Rimmi Johnson
    and so on, are making very clear and understandable video's and 101's on this topic. I'm glad i quit smoking, and it was not like so many of my friends who "try to quit" smoking. I looked alot of video's and studied the topic, formed myself a preference, ordered a decent kit, and than "i just quit". No hassle or nothing

8. Likes Der Amf, cabfrank, DM71 liked this post
    Thanks for the advice. I will check into some of the videos next week.

Quote Originally Posted by cabfrank View Post
    The biggest problem is, of course, I enjoy it. I've wanted to try one of the eCigs or vapes, but there are so many options, I honestly don't know where to start.
    I was the same - A hardened smoker; was something I'd always done; figured I'd be smoking 'til the day I died (so did most of the people I know); but got to the point where I no longer enjoyed it, and everything (I'm sure you don't need the lecture !) was telling me to pack it in.
    Started noticing more & more people with e-cigs and got to wondering "What did they know that I didn't ?". Had a chat with a lady with one (in the smoking area at work) and she pointed me to a stall at our local mall where you could 'try before you buy'. So I headed over there one lunch break and tried one - I was quite surprised at how 'convincing' it was, so bought a starter kit (battery with USB charger, 2 clearomizers, and a 10ml bottle of juice of my choice).
    I found the transition astonishingly easy, simply because I've not really broken the habit, I've just changed the product. It works for me. Obviously everyone is different, and 'you' have to work out what works for 'you'. There's a bit of trial and error involved (but even through those times, I was never tempted to go back to cigarettes) in getting the right combination of battery, tank/clearomizer, and juice; but once you get a setup that suits you, you're laughing all the way to the bank. Literally.
    My advice FWIW: Get yourself a cheap starter kit with a juice flavour that you like (for me it was cherry), and give it a go. You'll be very lucky if you get an ideal setup 'off the shelf' but you'll know pretty much straight off what you need more of and what you need less of; then just customize your setup to suit. One last note: Unless you're a really heavy smoker, keep the nicotine content under 20mg (or 20%). I smoked about 20 cigarettes a day and started with 24% juice.... TOO strong !
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

11. Likes cabfrank liked this post
    Thank you for the advice also. I smoke less than that, around ten a day, maybe a few more when work sucks. I really think it is about time to investigate the alternative. I'll have to start with something menthol.

Gotta say Vaping and vaper are two of the most ridiculously silly words of the 21st century.

I really think it is about time to investigate the alternative. I'll have to start with something menthol.
    It's a substitute , just use patches or something to just wean yourself off the stuff completely over time.

Think of more money for watch related activities instead of wasting money on this vaping

Last edited by Seriously; Apr 4, 2015 at 10:05 PM.

14. Likes Chase liked this post
    ^^^^ Feeling like I'm being 'baited'
    Quote Originally Posted by Seriously View Post
    Gotta say Vaping and vaper are two of the most ridiculously silly words of the 21st century.
    Agreed. My daughter calls it "Puffing" and I am a "Puffer" (I've been called worse) . I still say "I'm going for a smoke".
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

16. Likes Seriously, I-B liked this post