Likes Likes:  26
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early reveal of the winner from the watchgiveaway!

Exclamation Early reveal of the winner from the watchgiveaway!

Hi everybody.
    We have a winner of the watchgiveaway! I wanted to wait untill the 30th of this month to reveal the winner, but that would be downright cruel imo...

There was one person who nailed it straight away with his first answer, and that person is...

*drumroll¨*
    (click on the video below for soundeffects while you scroll down)

Name:  6386557-illustration-of-the-border-of-multicolored-balloons-and-confetti-Stock-Vector_zpstyxwdue.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  76.8 KB

Congratulations Brian! You know my taste and preferences just as good as i know them myself! The watches you posted were the three watches that i actually chose from! Ofcourse there can only be one correct answer, so here it is, the winning answer :

Name:  42_jau_100_comp.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  38.2 KB

The Raidillon "casual friday" power reserve!

I will ship the NOS Anker that you won on Tuesday, so you might want to provide me with your adress B Enjoy the watch, and
    Congratulations!!!

For those who want to read the giveaway thread again, here is the link :
    http://www.intlwatchleague.com/showt...n-this-contest

Happy easter everyone !!

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 174
Size:  8.5 KB
    Last edited by I-B; Apr 4, 2015 at 08:50 AM.

Hahahaha!!!! BIG Congrats to Brian!!!
    and ben for his extreme generousity!!!

What a great forum we have here!!

3. Likes I-B liked this post
    Congratulations to Fuzzy and much admiration to I-B for his generosity.
    If the supply of ETA movement parts affects you please complete this survey:
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/swiss_watches

5. Likes I-B, iyonk, JAGtime liked this post
    What he said, congrats to Mr.Fuzzy (fits well with the season) and thanks to Ben for this very entertaining and educational give-away.
    You may not have put Belgian watches on the map, but definitely raised awareness

I would have won the Anker, would have liked to add it to my collection too, but feel I know you too well and essentially would have hijacked the whole thing.
    Also, your idea is just über cool and I contemplated for a while doing something similar with Dutch watches once I reach post #500 (will be in the fall if I keep up the current rate), but then, I have never made a secret of my DGW - Dutch Grail Watch.

By the way, did I just miss the reason for the give-away? Not reaching a significant post-count, not your big B-day either, is it? Maybe there is none, other than displaying a random act of generosity? Regardless ....
    Last edited by MHe225; Apr 4, 2015 at 11:16 AM.
    IWL member 90

7. Likes I-B, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post
    What he said, congrats to Mr.Fuzzy (fits well with the season) and thanks to Ben for this very entertaining and educational give-away.
    You may not have put Belgian watches on the map, but definitely raised awareness

I would have won the Anker, would have liked to add it to my collection too, but feel I know you too well and would have essentially hijacked the whole thing. Also, your idea is just über cool and I contemplated for a while doing something similar with Dutch watches once I reach post #500 (will be in the fall if I keep up the current rate), but then, I have never made a secret of my DGW - Dutch Grail Watch.
    There is more in this world than only Swiss and German watches. There are tons of great watchmakers out there who arent Swiss. For example, the Ressence dude, he is like a genius. He changed about everything known in watchmaking, or at least he "bended" the traditions to an entire new level. Even the lugdesign is quite unique.

Dutch watches would make a great thread as well, cool things are being made in the Lowlands. And i should mention (the really young, how old is he? Like 22 or smtn?) Mr.Staudt, who we were lucky to witness how he made his dream of having his own watchbrand come true. I like the fact that he asked our advice on every detail of the watch, so his first watch was produced under the "influence" of the Dutch forummers. Pelikaan makes sweet things, and than you have ofcourse the high end watches comming from holland as well....
    Yep, there is much more to see in Watchland than only Swiss and German watches...
    Last edited by I-B; Apr 4, 2015 at 11:32 AM.

9. Likes iyonk, MHe225 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by MHe225 View Post

By the way, did I just miss the reason for the give-away? Not reaching a significant post-count, not your big B-day either, is it? Maybe there is none, other than displaying a random act of generosity? Regardless ....
    There was no real reason. I just felt like it I have this watch lying arround unused, unloved, untouched for about 3 years now, and i tought it was time to pass it on, so it could get some sweet love

11. Likes iyonk, MHe225 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post

Name:  6386557-illustration-of-the-border-of-multicolored-balloons-and-confetti-Stock-Vector_zpstyxwdue.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  76.8 KB

Congratulations Brian! You know my taste and preferences just as good as i know them myself! The watches you posted were the three watches that i actually chose from! Ofcourse there can only be one correct answer, so here it is, the winning answer :

Name:  42_jau_100_comp.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  38.2 KB

The Raidillon "casual friday" power reserve!

I will ship the NOS Anker that you won on Tuesday, so you might want to provide me with your adress B Enjoy the watch, and
    Congratulations!!!

Woohoo! Thanks, I-B!

Your reason for the giveaway worked out well. I spent a good bit of time looking up Belgian watchmakers and learning more about them. Ressence I knew and already admired, but there were some new ones I never knew about and was happy to learn more about.

Lucky for me, I figured our tastes matched up pretty well so I picked the three watches I would have bought! And may I add, you have great taste!

13. Likes I-B, iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyB View Post
    Woohoo! Thanks, I-B!

Your reason for the giveaway worked out well. I spent a good bit of time looking up Belgian watchmakers and learning more about them. Ressence I knew and already admired, but there were some new ones I never knew about and was happy to learn more about.

Lucky for me, I figured our tastes matched up pretty well so I picked the three watches I would have bought! And may I add, you have great taste!
    if you want to start with a Belgian watch for entrance-prices you should check Gavox They make the watches for our (ahum) army. Congratulations once again Brian, and you might want to pm your adres etc so i can send you the Anker. Hope you enjoy it my friend!

15. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    if you want to start with a Belgian watch for entrance-prices you should check Gavox They make the watches for our (ahum) army. Congratulations once again Brian, and you might want to pm your adres etc so i can send you the Anker. Hope you enjoy it my friend!
    The Gavox's are nice looking, too, but there is something about those Raidillon watches. Their dials are unique without being too unique.

I'll be looking forward to the Anker! I've never strapped an Anker to my wrist before so it should be fun!

17. Likes I-B liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Cheers, I-B. Most generous of you to do this. I always appreciate those who bring "outside-the-norm" watches to our attention as well.