Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tudor buyers....getting any discounts?

Blog Entries

Tudor buyers....getting any discounts?

A guy I know on my other forum is looking to buy a Black Bay, but the AD he's going to has the market cornered in his area, so they're not taking a penny off.

I figured, since Tudor is owned by Rolex and all, the discounts would be small, but if have thought up to 10% or so would still happen. Is that not the case?

He's not a watch enthusiast, and this is likely going to be his only large watch purchase for years and years, so he's not comfortable with gray market purchases of this magnitude.

Any thoughts?

Which model?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

He is probably not in a good position unless he knows the AD.

I once walked into an AD whom I have no dealings with before, asking about the BB (red) 2 years back. They told me they do have one in stock, and if I am ready to purchase, they would then take it out, and at 0% discount! They just lost an opportunity to build a relationship with a potential customer.

I got mine from my regular AD at more than 10% off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have never been lucky enough to find a Tudor AD that will discount more than 5%. If there are better deals from an AD out there, I would like to know where.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx

I actually got 15% on my Black Bay, but I have a pretty long history with the AD since he has always been my Rolex source. I'm pretty certain others would get little to nothing.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Which model?
    Black Bay.

Quote Originally Posted by Raza View Post
    Black Bay.

Red or Blue?

Blog Entries
    Looks like Tudor has inherited the no discount policy. Interesting. Thanks guys.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Steppy View Post
    Red or Blue?
    That's been the question he's asking. He likes both, can't decide on which one.

I have negotiated on my black bay with a grey market dealer but that was only because i had a price match i wanted him to do and they agreed. Beyond that good luck.
    Dan :: Ball/ Benarus/ Boschett/ Damasko/ Doxa/ IWC/ Longines/ Omega/ Precista/ Rolex/ Seiko/ Sinn/ Tudor/ Tutima.