Likes Likes:  35
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: First photo of the Topper LE Blue

Quote Originally Posted by G07 View Post
    The bezel is a no-go for me. The rest - nice.
    I like that the bezel is kind of controversial. It's the defining element in this recreation. Apparently a love-hate element.
    Last edited by Samanator; Jan 28, 2019 at 01:49 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

Tell everyone you saw it on IWL!

2. Likes G07 liked this post

First photo of the Topper LE Blue

Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    Thanks for that wrist shot reference Michael!!! (Looks awesome on your wrist btw!)

So the lug pin is actually located on the second link, correct? That doesn't bother me at all, and looks great (and comfortable!).

Honestly, it works, and looks great compared to many of the ill conceived (awkward) end links I can think of from a few efforts from other brands.
    Yes, it is in the second link. If you look at it from the bottom you'll see why. The end-link tapers to almost nothing with no room for a pin.

Last edited by Samanator; Feb 1, 2019 at 01:22 PM.
    Cheers,

Michael

4. Likes iyonk, stew77 liked this post
    I don't think we posted these before. Here are the vintage original watches that the Blue and Yellow Rally Divers and the White wolf are based upon.

Name:  IMG_2039.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  79.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_2079.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  58.7 KB
    Name:  IMG_2101.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  73.8 KB
    Cheers,

Michael

6. Likes yokied, CFR, Dan R, stew77, iyonk liked this post
    These designs are obviously brave and retro-edgy. I can see why they're not wanting to stray too far from the heritage and it's good to see this line being expanded.

Bezels and colours aside, I think concerns about lugs and bracelet integration are a little misplaced. I have a Zodiac with this case, bezel, bracelet structure and it is hands down my most comfortable and worn watch. It sits very well on the wrist and the spring-loaded clasp means I can wear it comfortably, year-round on either wrist. Nothing else comes even close.

8. Likes Samanator liked this post
    What a gorgeous blue dial Zodiac...
    if i have one, i would put it on a khaki suede..
    I'm on instagram: @iyonk_strap