Likes Likes:  324
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ««««««««« WRUW - Tuesday - 29 January 2019 »»»»»»»»»

Quote Originally Posted by iyonk View Post
    Get well soon C... the weather has not been friendly here lately, also some strange virus hit hard.. i don't know how's the weather there but i sincerely hope you'll be doing fine..
    Thanks, Iyonk. Can't complain about the weather, here, but we also have same sort of highly obnoxious virus around - horrendous little creature.
    I bet it doesn't even wear a watch!
    Last edited by CFR; Jan 29, 2019 at 06:19 AM.

2. Likes iyonk, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    LOL! Actually, I set the day after the pic was posted. That's one of the reasons I don't like day/date indicators.
    Hahahaha. A true horophile after all!

A while back I saw a program about watches and they mentioned that some people (hipsters, I assume) wear vintage watches that they don't set and that very often don't even run. They intentionally wear them as jewelry only and use their phones to tell the time.

I'm not one to ^%& on other people's fun. I usually take the attitude that if it blows your hair back and hurts no one, go for it. But I will readily admit that this is something I genuinely don't understand. A symptom of growing old I guess.
    I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

4. Likes iyonk liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post

A while back I saw a program about watches and they mentioned that some people (hipsters, I assume) wear vintage watches that they don't set and that very often don't even run. They intentionally wear them as jewelry only and use their phones to tell the time.

I'm not one to ^%& on other people's fun. I usually take the attitude that if it blows your hair back and hurts no one, go for it. But I will readily admit that this is something I genuinely don't understand. A symptom of growing old I guess.
    Yes. First time I heard about that, I was...ehhh...flabbergasted! But I'm guilty of the same sin, because I used to do that when I was three or four years old and, obviously, there weren't cell phones around...
    Last edited by CFR; Jan 29, 2019 at 06:37 AM.

6. Likes FSM71, iyonk liked this post
    Grand Seiko SBGR053 ¦ Nomos Tangomat Datum ¦ ​Tudor Pelagos ¦ ​Grand Seiko SBGA011

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Nothing new here

Regards Phil
    Moderator German Watches & Dive Watches

Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post

I met someone wearing a non running vintage at an event recently. He had recently purchased and wanted to wear it before it was serviced.

-- Wayne

11. Likes iyonk, CFR, pacifico66, FSM71 liked this post
    Morning, IWL.

-- Wayne
    Last edited by happyscrappyheropup; Jan 29, 2019 at 12:10 PM.

Going with the Aquagraph today.

Quote Originally Posted by DEMO View Post
    Going with the Aquagraph today.

Your photos always make me regret selling mine but it didn’t get enough wear. I’d need to live on a beach to wear it daily

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ebels (lots), IWC, Omega, FC, Eterna, Tag, Invicta, Movado
    If you are interested in the details http://www.intlwatchleague.com/membe...70&tab=aboutme