Likes Likes:  97
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A big trade

A couple of other fun facts about it:

1. When you pull the crown out to set it, the seconds hand doesn’t just stop, it jumps to zero to make it even easier to synchronize.

2. Each complication (day, date, month and moonphase) has its own little inset pusher, making adjustments easy and worry-free, unlike some perpetuals where you can truly mess them up if you go too far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mlcor; Feb 2, 2019 at 02:48 AM.

Huge congrats ml!!!

Absolutely stunning new arrival to say the least (and very cool comments regarding the time, day, date, month, and moonphase settings...leave it to ALS...so cool!).

Despite the fact that your trade list has some amazingly stunning timepieces, I see what you did there. Huge congrats and enjoy this EPIC new arrival!!!
    Cheers,

Chris

3. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    I love the back side. I'd paint that.
    Feel free, just change the serial number, please.

5. Likes Henry Krinkle liked this post
    Good acquisition and a good clear out. Well done.

7. Likes mlcor liked this post
    Blog Entries
    Well, I'm going to miss the 620, but I'm glad you're happy. I'm always in favor of fewer watches you love more and wear more often.
    Read my latest IWL blog entry! An Ode To Rule Breaking

9. Likes mlcor liked this post

A big trade

Congrats. Have to agree nice finish on the watch.

But you got rid of the Marine!!! assuming it is the one with the big date and white/silver dial?

Did you consider the GO perpetual for legibility?

Seems like a lot of good watches were let go for this one... I would struggle! But that’s just me

I would still recommend a MUTP though for the value, complications and brand!

Last edited by alpharulez; Feb 2, 2019 at 07:52 AM.

11. Likes FSM71, synequano liked this post
    Wowzers. That is a beauty. You're right about the dial - so clean. Especially compared to the moonphase -

it has 2 more subdials but doesn't look crowded at all. Love that big date.

Can we have some more pics please?
    Follow IWL on instagram! https://instagram.com/iwatchleague

13. Likes mlcor, JAGtime liked this post
    Wow!! Congrats. I think you made a good trade, but I did like your moonphase too.

Quote Originally Posted by alpharulez View Post
    Congrats. Have to agree nice finish on the watch.

But you got rid of the Marine!!! assuming it is the one with the big date and white/silver dial?

Did you consider the GO perpetual for legibility?

Seems like a lot of good watches were let go for this one... I would struggle! But that’s just me

I would still recommend a MUTP though for the value, complications and brand!

Yes, the Marine is the one you’re thinking of, but on a bracelet. A gorgeous watch, but since I got the VC Overseas it just wasn’t getting worn.

A lot of good watches have left, but I still have more left that I like better. Probably still too many to give my favorites the wrist time they deserve.

The GO perpetual isn’t as cluttered as some, but the day and month windows are too tiny for my old eyes. It’s also (like most GOs, unfortunately) rather big (42mm) and thick (12.8mm) for this type of watch.

The JLC is definitely a lovely and far less expensive option...for someone with eyes young enough to read it. If I had gotten it, I would have gone for the black dial version, which is a bit more legible, and whose year mini window background matches the dial—the background of the year on the white dial version you posted is an off white that doesn’t match the dial, which would really bother me.

16. Likes synequano liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffbot View Post
    Wowzers. That is a beauty. You're right about the dial - so clean. Especially compared to the moonphase -

it has 2 more subdials but doesn't look crowded at all. Love that big date.

Can we have some more pics please?
    Funny thing is, it doesn’t look more crowded even though it’s 38.5mm vs. 40mm for the Moonphase model.

More pictures? I’ll work on it, but I’m nowhere near as creative as Henry...

18. Likes geoffbot liked this post