Likes Likes:  4

Thread: 7s26 issues

7s26 issues

i bought two watches as gifts for a friend. The first was a Seiko 5. It stopped working in a couple months. I got another one, this time the military style and it also stopped working in a few months. He knew not to wind them and is Engineer who spends his days at a desk. I can't figure how he keeps breaking them.

Dive Watches & Japanese Moderator OTGabe's Avatar
    The 7s26 is so rugged that it's hard to imagine what could be happening. I've owned dozens over the years and only had a problem with one. My monster is 11 or 12 years old and has literally been beaten up with construction work, yard work, etc. Still running strong without a service after all these years, and still dead-on 30 seconds a day fast just like when it was new...

3. Likes Der Amf, Domo liked this post
    Hes not getting them magnetised by some desk equipment is he?

5. Likes pepperami liked this post
    Maybe they wither away if treated excessively nicely? If they're not rolling with the punches they just can't see the point of going on?

The first one sounds like the rotor came loose. Lots of noise going on. The second is just dead. It has to be something he's doing, though who knows what. Magnetism could be involved. Have to pick his brain some more. I'm not getting him another mechanical, he'll just break it. My old 7002-700J is still ticking and I use it 24/7. My watch sees some rough use on a daily basis.

8. Likes OTGabe liked this post
    Bummer, but that has to be the exception and not the rule with these watches and this movement.

Hope you get it sorted out soon.
    "Either He's Dead, Or My Watch Has Stopped....."
    Groucho Marx