Likes Likes:  300
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: >>>>WRUW, Thursday, 7th February 2019<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by crownpuller View Post
    1. I'm no fan of chronographs;
    2. I'm no fan of square cases;
    3. I'm no fan of date windows;

... ... so, how the hell is it that I think that looks bloody gorgeous ?
    I've heard of two negatives making a positive, but three ?

All nonsense aside: Congratulations. That is a seriously good looking piece.
    My RGM Model 22 Deck Watch has no less than four deal breakers on it and yet I love that watch. My theory is that they all cancel each other out. Some kind of negative balance is achieved.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

2. Likes stew77, watchdaddy1, crownpuller, CFR, JAGtime liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by stew77 View Post
    Going with the new arrival Monaco (which arrived yesterday evening). Absolutely lovin' it and wonder what took me so long!

Q&D indoor pic since it's still dark outside (noticed the crown is still in the date set position...)

Bloody gorgeous is about right!

I don't need another square watch
    I don't need another chronograph
    I don't need another blue dial
    I don't need yet another brand
    I don't need another square chronograph with blue dial and red hands - I already have one. But sheesh, that thing is pretty...
    I'd Schwarzkopf it daily, except I couldn't be bothered with the inevitable explanations...

4. Likes stew77, watchdaddy1 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post

I don't need another square chronograph with blue dial and red hands - I already have one. But sheesh, that thing is pretty...
    The Monaco is the first watch I ever noticed, but I am safe. I've tried it on and it doesn't work on my wrist.
    Solve all your doubts through question mode.

6. Likes stew77, watchdaddy1, FSM71 liked this post
    Zodiac LE Ti today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Krinkle View Post
    The Monaco is the first watch I ever noticed, but I am safe. I've tried it on and it doesn't work on my wrist.

Mine neither. A friend has several (vintage and reissue) and I can’t take to them at all. He half confessed that he had them because he’s a Heuer completist - and because he’s a dealer, marking them up and moving them on.

First watch I learnt to service, and it has plenty of evidence of my learning on the movement. I’ve improved my handling - and my screwdrivers - since then!

&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;WRUW, Thursday, 7th February 2019&lt;&lt;&lt;&lt;

Last edited by Chicolabronse; Feb 7, 2019 at 07:53 PM.

Congratulations on the new arrival. It's lovely.
    Thanks Henry. I'm liking this one more than even I thought I would!

Quote Originally Posted by FSM71 View Post

Thanks for the kind words! The Monaco design is certainly unique, and that's one of the things I'm really enjoying about it.

The square case was the aspect I was most concerned about with the Monaco, but I must say, the 38mm x 38mm case really works great on my wrist (I'm right in the 7.125"-7.25" [181mm-184mm] wrist size).

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Mine neither. A friend has several (vintage and reissue) and I can’t take to them at all. He half confessed that he had them because he’s a Heuer completist - and because he’s a dealer, marking them up and moving them on.
    Well Alan, I'm definitely not a Heuer completist (this is my first and only one), but I must say I've always drooled over the Monaco, enjoyed the historical connection with racing, and the unique design.
    I'm actually very surprised by this one... I actually love it in the flesh more than I've loved it in photos, go figure!

Thanks again for all the kind words everyone!
    Cheers,

Chris

12. Likes Henry Krinkle, FSM71 liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by CFR View Post
    Good day, IWL.

Attachment 83276

Lookin' dapper C
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

14. Likes CFR liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by gnuyork View Post

Those lugs though. Great pic Joe
    People sleep peaceably in their beds @ night ONLY because rough men stand ready to do VIOLENCE
    on their behalf.....

William

Member#842

16. Likes gnuyork, Strela167, FSM71 liked this post