Likes Likes:  86
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's talk about HEQs

Quote Originally Posted by whatmeworry View Post
    Yes, just been looking myself and they seem like good value. Unfortunately none appeal to me style wise
    Yep. Unfortunately, same thoughts here.

I love this thing:
    Name:  Aerospace2.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  58.0 KB
    Slim, as light as you like (87g with the bracelet), and its accuracy is astonishing.....<1 second per year against the GMT time signal (pips). I set it in 2012 after the last battery change, not touched it (other than to change time zones a couple of times) since, and is currently +1.5 against the GMT time signal.
    I set all my other watches by it.
    Some people have opinions - The rest of us have taste.

3. Likes Der Amf, iyonk, popoki nui liked this post
    Used to have these -

I went off the hands of the Seiko, and I wasn't keen on the complicated reset routine of the 8F movement if you weren't reasonably quick at changing the battery.

The Colt was a good watch, but I read so many dismissive remarks about it on watch forums that my enthusiasm started to fade. Weak of me, I know...

The B1 was too much of a lump, and the 'fast spin-slow spin' adjustment of the B1 and Aerospace is only just fit for purpose. You can live with it, but if you're looking to sell a watch to buy another, there's the reason you need.
    Last edited by tribe125; Apr 7, 2015 at 11:32 PM.

Blog Entries
    How is HEQ defined? My B-1 is a chronometer, does that count?

(I love this photo...a nice look at two completely different approaches to an aviation chronograph, or at the least one that is and one that then became associated with aviation. Mechanical, handwound, hesalite crystal, and then a sapphire, anadigi quartz tool watch.)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Used to have these -

I went off the hands of the Seiko, and I wasn't keen on the complicated reset routine of the 8F movement if you weren't reasonably quick at changing the battery.

The Colt was a good watch, but I read so many dismissive remarks about it on watch forums that my enthusiasm started to fade. Weak of me, I know...

The B1 was too much of a lump, and the 'fast spin-slow spin' adjustment of the B1 and Aerospace is only just fit for purpose. You can live with it, but if you're looking to sell a watch to buy another, there's the reason you need.
    Yeah, I will say I wasn't expecting the B-1's slow/fast spin functionality, compared to the other anadigis I had before (TAG Aquaracer Chronotimer...should never have sold it, it was a great watch too...and a colorful yellow dial which is great for summer and Hamilton Flight Timer, which I still have, but needs repair).

Didn't know Certina did them...
    I have the DS2 COSC chrono, it's TC/HAQ. You need to check for "Precidrive" movements with Certina. Though not all precidrive are TC, all precidrive are HAQ

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Used to have these -

I love all three of those.
    Can you comment on the Wempe in the first post? Is it HAQ?

This is the only HAQ Swatch ever made...

10. Likes BlackNomad liked this post
    Quote Originally Posted by I-B View Post
    This is the only HAQ Swatch ever made...

That's cool, the hand placement is odd though, I've not seen that before.

That's cool, the hand placement is odd though, I've not seen that before.
    Yeah they are off on thecenter and off on the tip. It works fine tough. The picture shows the weirdest position. This is how it looks with a different stance of the hands